Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by BriBooVa

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by BriBooVa
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: BriBooVa
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Cabin Category: JS

A good time, but, it could have been great.
This was our 10th cruise, 9th with Royal Caribbean. We had a good time on this cruise, but, there were some noticeable things that could have been better, but did not ruin our cruise.

Cabin:

The Junior Suite is nice. Loved out cabin. Our cabin stewardess on the other hand was one of the problems that I am speaking about. She was neither good nor overly bad. She did the minimum that she had to do and made no effort to go above and beyond. She did leave our door wide open with my wife's purse and our carry off bags sitting on the dresser while we were in the dinning room on the last day. We confronted her, she threw up a hand and said I will come back. Ok...Now the negative is out of the way!!

Dinning Room:

Loved the change up menus. I loved almost everyone of the cold soups. I did not find anything I didn't like. The waiter and assistant were very competent and did his and her job well. The head waiter was the most visible of any head waiter we've ever had. The menu has several items that were new and were good, I wish I would have taken pictures of them. We ate all meals except lunch on day 1 and port days in the main dining room. We did the Savor tour. Very neat. We got to see the kitchen, galley, and then had three course lunch in Portofino with wine and mojitos.

Entertainment:

Comedian Steve was very funny in my opinion. His adult show was truly funny and never vulgar. The ice shows are spectacular. I have seen them several times and they still never cease to amaze me. The Love and Marriage show was very funny. Chris Northey was the CD, but we heard that he is leaving the company. He was VERY good. I hope he lands well.

Service:

While service on board was fine, it was not great. I mean, I was not expecting people to shoot off fireworks or anything when I spoke to them, but my wife and I noticed that no one really went above the line. For that matter, only one or two (see room stewardess comment) went below.

Publication Date: 06/24/11