Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by BriBooVa: A good time, but, it could have been great.

BriBooVa
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A good time, but, it could have been great.

Sail Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

This was our 10th cruise, 9th with Royal Caribbean. We had a good time on this cruise, but, there were some noticeable things that could have been better, but did not ruin our cruise.

Cabin:

The Junior Suite is nice. Loved out cabin. Our cabin stewardess on the other hand was one of the problems that I am speaking about. She was neither good nor overly bad. She did the minimum that she had to do and made no effort to go above and beyond. She did leave our door wide open with my wife's purse and our carry off bags sitting on the dresser while we were in the dinning room on the last day. We confronted her, she threw up a hand and said I will come back. Ok...Now the negative is out of the way!!

Dinning Room:

Loved the change up menus. I loved almost everyone of the cold soups. I did not find anything I didn't like. The waiter and assistant were very competent and did his and her job well. The head waiter was the most visible of any head waiter we've More ever had. The menu has several items that were new and were good, I wish I would have taken pictures of them. We ate all meals except lunch on day 1 and port days in the main dining room. We did the Savor tour. Very neat. We got to see the kitchen, galley, and then had three course lunch in Portofino with wine and mojitos.

Entertainment:

Comedian Steve was very funny in my opinion. His adult show was truly funny and never vulgar. The ice shows are spectacular. I have seen them several times and they still never cease to amaze me. The Love and Marriage show was very funny. Chris Northey was the CD, but we heard that he is leaving the company. He was VERY good. I hope he lands well.

Service:

While service on board was fine, it was not great. I mean, I was not expecting people to shoot off fireworks or anything when I spoke to them, but my wife and I noticed that no one really went above the line. For that matter, only one or two (see room stewardess comment) went below. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 6 9318

Cabin is awesome. Center on the hump. The balcony was what we expected, two chairs and a lounger with a small round table. Closet was walk-in. Had plenty of room for everything. The bathroom has a bathtub, which was ok, although, we only used it for showering.

Very nice port. Bermuda was beautiful. Took tour of millionaires row and then was dropped off in Hamilton for shopping. Saw several beautifyl beaches.

Kind of a waste of a port. We got into port at 7 am and left at 1pm. Very few stores were open until 10am, thus giving essentially 90 minutes to shop, which is about all one has time for.
Read 1353 San Juan Reviews

Did Bernard's tour. If you can, go with Bernard. Very well done tour. Maho beach with the airplanes buzzing right over is spectacular. If you ever get a chance to do this, you have to do it. Did a tour of the rest of the island. Very nice. Went to Orient beach. Weather was very nice.

St. Thomas...been there...done that. We did the BOB tour. These are person submarines. Very cool. You go under water and see the reef and coral and fish right in front of you. Went shopping right at Havensight. Did not go into town.
Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews