Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by CajunDaisy: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

CajunDaisy

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2005
Embarkation: New Orleans

First let me say that my husband and I were celebrating our 12th anniversary and we did not bring the children. We drove to New Orleans and had to park in a not so nearby parking lot.

Embarkation went smoothly. Our room was clean and a nice size. There was plenty of space to put away our suitcases and ample closet space for our clothes. We had been promised a bottle of champagne and photo credits but we didn't get them. When I complained to our personal vacation planner we got the response of, "Well, I put the order in...they must have put them in the wrong room." So much for customer service. :)

The food was much better than we expected it to be and we found a pleasant variety to choose from. The shows were the best part of the cruise. We had two Las Vegas style shows and several nights of comedians to see. I loved the fact that each night they had an early and a late show so that each dining group had the opportunity to see the shows.

The first couple More of days on the ship were very rough as the waters were choppy. Once we got closer to the islands, it calmed down. Our first stop was in Jamaica and we were not impressed by this location. The people that we dealt with tended to be very pushy and would get upset with us if we didn't buy something. Our next stop was Georgetown, Cayman Islands. This stop was beautiful and the people were nice. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Our tour of the area was well organized and pleasant. The next day we went to Cozumel, Mexico. Again, we had beautiful weather and we did the Dolphin Encounter shore excursion. This was enjoyable and well organized. Our super shopper, Clayton, was awesome and gave us such detailed information about the excursions and locations of things we felt very comfortable in port getting around.

Our cruise director, Steve, and his assistant cruise director, David were awesome and they kept us laughing. This really made the cruise more enjoyable.

Disembarkation was a little slower than they told us it would be, but it went ok. Customs was a breeze, but after that it went downhill quickly. There is one area at the terminal in New Orleans that you all cram into and this is for loading and unloading. It took us over two hours to get a bus back to our parking lot. This was the most disorganized thing that I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. Security couldn't handle the crowds and didn't seem to really care...and when they would tell vehicles to move so our buses could come in they got ignored! People were pushing, cussing, you name it! Finally the border police were able to get some traffic to move. Thank you! I know this had nothing to do with our cruise lines, but this nearly ruined the experience for us and we will NEVER take a cruise out of New Orleans again. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>