Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by allieic95: Fabulous vacation!!

allieic95
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Vision of the Seas Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Fabulous vacation!!

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Oslo

Overall, this was a great vacation. We took this cruise for the itinerary, as the boat was much smaller than the ones we prefer. I was slightly worried about the boat because it was small and not much to do.. But my doubts were shut down. The crew was wonderful and the boat is kept very nice. You don't even know it's a lower class ship for rcl! Our dinner staff was the best we have ever had, and we cruise quite often!! There was another review that mentioned being sick when coming home and I laughed when I read it. Sure enough though, my mom and I both came home and had caught the sickness. Apparently the norweigens are bad about washing their hands and it spreads that way. About six people on our floor were sick. It certainly didn't ruin our trip but coming home and being sick is never fun. The staff tried really hard to prevent illness with sanitizer everywhere and hand washing videos but I guess we caught it!!

The entertainment crew was great, very friendly and fun for a More younger crowd! If your trip is like ours, expect mostly older people on your boat!!

Our head waiter and staff were great! We had special requests and they always fulfilled them(:

Sol, the cruise director, was very fun and did a great job with things!

Our food was really good, just like any other royal cruise we have been on!

Don't be discouraged by the picky reviews you have read on this sight, I was a little worried but you shouldn't have to worry about anything! It's a great vacation and we went to beautiful ports including Paris, Cherbourg , England, Ireland, and Scotland. If you're not picky, expect to have a great time. It is up to royal Caribbean standards, entertainment and food and cleanliness up to par. It's no oasis of the seas, but that's okay!! I had a great time and sad it's over:( Less

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Vision of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Vision of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 4573

It had a great location but a squeaky door leading to the centrum kept me up the first night. The crew quickly fixed it with no problems. We were very centrally located with a big enough room for three people. Our other half of the group spent 1000 dollars more for a window and the same size room, what a waste!!