Sea Princess Cruise Review by mrsprofessor

Embarkation: San Francisco
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BF
Cabin Number: B547
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
Disappointing Princess cruise
My husband and I love cruising. We had heard that Princess was better than Carnival. Absolutely not true in this instance. We are very disappointed with Princess. Terrible rude service. There was a noro virus outbreak on the cruise previous to ours. Our departure was delayed because of this. We had received a cabin update and we had the new room # which we put on our luggage tags. When we got to the terminal a Princess employee approached us and looked at my boarding pass. You don't board till 630pm. I explained the room change and that Princess had told us we embarked at 530pm. He said it doesn't show that here and you won't get on. I approached another employee and she checked her list and confirmed our boarding time. When we got our room keys I noticed immediately that the room # was different. We went to the pursors desk and I expressed my concern that our luggage would be sent to the wrong room. She said not to worry 120 rooms had been changed and all employees knew about the changes. We went to our room and the room steward immediately tried to start an argument with us. He told us there was supposed to be a single man in that room. We told him it had been changed and we were assigned that room. He kept arguing. finally my husband showed him our key and stated that it opened the door. He finally left.

Our luggage never came. My husband said I wonder if they took it to the first room. They did. Some of it anyway. By the way this room was condemned. By now it is 2AM. My husband had to drag the luggage to the elevator to the next floor where our room was. I called the front desk to tell them what happened. They said they would send someone to help my husband with the rest of the luggage. They didn't. For the rest of the cruise they didn't know where we were until the bill came. It was our anniversary and friends paid to have our door decorated. We never got the decoration. Probably on the condemned room's door. The food in the buffet was truly terrible. The food in the dinning room was good. The deserts were great. Our waiter and assist waiter were great. They actually smiled.The maitre d was was rude. Our assigned dinning time was 6PM. The first night we arrived at 545pm. He very crossly told us he almost gave our table away as he had some any time diners that he could have given it to. We told him our dining time was 6pm. He said we would have to start getting there earlier. We didn't know this. How were we supposed to know. Service very slow in the dinning room for breakfast and lunch. If you had a morning shore excursion forget eating there. The shore excursion desk was very inefficient. Long lines our you stand in a group looking at a screen to see if the excursion you wanted was available. The entertainment was excellent as was the music in the various lounges.

Publication Date: 06/24/11
Read the Alaska ports review by mrsprofessor
More Sea Princess Cruise Reviews