Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by bagofchips: Cruise with Carnival!!!!

bagofchips

Cruise with Carnival!!!!

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I took the brave step of travelling alone with my young son and chose Carnival Splendor.

Embarkation was so quick - ten mins and we were ready to board. Once onboard the food was being served and it was lovely - no complaints at all about the food - in fact the food was of top quality and I couldnt believe the amount of choices! The ice cream machines were great!

The staff work so hard and we had a great housekeeper - Henni - who worked non stop. She was so genuine and had our cabin spotlessly clean every day. On our last day we had an envelope put into our cabin asking if we would like to leave our waiter a gratuity. As we only dined at the restaurant once - we decided NO we didnt want to leave him a gratuity - so we got a blank envelope and put in $30 for the lovely housekeeper we had as she deserved it more.

The ship was clean throughout and everything is to a very high standard. There is so much entertainment and I loved chilling up on the Lido deck More listening to the fab live bands whilst my son was swimming in front of me having a great time!

I could write and write but will keep it short - book a cruise with Carnival. I heard nothing but positive reviews about this company and previous cruises on other ships. They seem to have a great reputation.

Disembarking was also very well organised - I cant think of anything to complain about. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Upper 6208

cabin 6208 is actually a cabin for someone who is in a wheelchair. The main door automatically opens and doesnt shut for around 20 seconds. This is very handy when coming in with lots of bags or lots of drinks!!! plenty of closet space - in fact the whole cabin felt very roomy and thanks to the lovely Henni - it was always spotlessly clean.

Loved this place!! Cheap watersports and everything is soooooooooooooooo clean!!!

DO NOT BOOK ANY EXCURSIONS WITH THE CRUISE LINE! All excursions are available so much cheaper when you arrive here.

The people here were far too pushy and I hated that. You couldnt walk two steps without being hounded TAXI TAXI, TRIP TRIP, TAXI TAXI. IT WAS HORRENDOUS.

We stayed off the ship for only one hour and went back on!!