Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by darwin133

Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: T1

Loved the single's experience on the EPIC
I've cruised in the past several times, typically with others; however, there have been times I wanted to go somewhere and no one else could. I was always deterred by the cost of cruising alone so I would either not go, or choose a different type of vacation. NCL has changed all that with their studio rooms. I found the room to be delightful and innovative. I think the architectural designer did a marvelous job of using every available space to its full capacity. I'm in the room to sleep and shower...I really don't care about having tons of extra room and amenities. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on and the studio area was quiet. The room itself has various lighting options you can choose depending on your mood....how fun!

The studio lounge was absolutely wonderful! There was a NCL employee who met with the single cruiser's nightly for an hour to help organize activities and answer questions. It was like going to a private cocktail party. The lounge had its own bar, cappuccino machine, snacks, two large screen tvs and plenty of lounging space. It was a great way to meet people or to just have a place to go and unwind. Several group dinners were organized and people were able to join groups for other activities.

I found the ship itself to be quite user friendly, and have no major complaints. Like others have commented, the food could be better, but I found the variety to be just fine. The entertainment options were spectacular and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The fitness area was beyond belief. They have every possible type of equipment a person would want or need. As for the staff, I had consistently positive experiences with everyone I met. No one was ever rude, but some were more friendly than others. Overall, I had a very positive experience on the Epic and will definitely sail it again!

Publication Date: 06/22/11