Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by hatesmn: Okay, but not great.

hatesmn
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Okay, but not great.

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Bahamas

I took this cruise with my first-time cruiser sister for our June birthdays. I will try to break it all down for you into categories.

We arrived the day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn, Bayside location. It was a tiny room but clean, and the location was perfect for cruisers. Right across the street from the Bayside shops and restaurants and close to a drug store for last minute purchases. Cost from airport to Holiday Inn- $24.00 and from hotel to port- $12.00.

Embarkation Process at Pier: Fast and well organized, on the ship by noon. No issues to speak of.

Once on the ship the luggage came fairly quickly compared to some other cruise ships. We had it all by around 3:30 p.m.

Room: We had a room with a window on the 8th deck. I was shocked at how small it was but it did have adequate room to hang up your things with room under our beds to store our luggage. Tiny bathroom, room safe in the closet but at an odd angle to reach. Our steward took More excellent care of us. One of the twin beds was rock hard and when we asked for an egg crate or some sort of cushion to make it softer he took care of it immediately. Our room was very well maintained. One HUGE issue that I had (and heard from others that it was not an isolated problem)was the plug ins at the tiny vanity area. They were too large and the curling iron and blow dryer would never stay in the wall outlet but kept falling out after about 10 seconds of using the appliances. VERY much a pain! That issue alone was almost enough to keep me from returning.

Food: I am not a fussy eater and neither is my sister but I was disappointed. The food at Windjammer was bland, lukewarm, and just plain weird at times. The dining room had okay food but was hit and miss. Sometimes it was good but mostly not. Tough meats, grisly steak that was undercooked, odd choices, etc. I have never had trouble finding great food in the formal dining areas on any other ship but I think I may have actually lost weight on this cruise.

Entertainment: I found it a bit lacking as well. One of the comedians was good, but the singers and dancers were just okay. One guy and one girl sang quite well but one singer always had mic issues and you could barely hear her over the band.

Shops: Lots of expensive things and pushy salesmen.

Overall: If I had to base RCCL on this one experience I would NOT use them again. Food, entertainment, and cabin size are important to me and I was not impressed at all. My sister who had no other experience to go by did seem to enjoy her trip and I was happy for her. I make my own fun so it wasn't a trip that was ruined by any means, but still, would NOT do Majesty of the Seas again.

To close on a positive note: The ship was clean for her age, and Brook, the shopping "guru," was pleasant and very informative. We liked the private island and our dining waiters and room steward took good care of us. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 8528

Room 8528- very tiny cabin but adequate space to hang clothes. Bath small too but worked fine. Safe was hard to reach in the closet. Outlets were a deal breaker!! I was so frustrated and mad that I couldn't keep the appliances in the wall- fell out constantly and about every 10 seconds while using! I talked to other cruisers later and found it was not an isolated problem. People I talked to (women) said they would not use this ship again just because of that issue alone. Too bad.

Coco Cay: Nice island, but mushy sand and weeds. Watch to see the baby sharks and sting rays. Had to pay extra for water slides and other "toys." Food was okay, not great.

Nassau: Busy, lots of stores to look in and Atlantis was a bit expensive.

Read 2646 Nassau Reviews