Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by familycruisn4: Fun for the family

Fun for the family

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

We took our family on the 5 day to Bahamas (Half Moon Cay and Nassau Ports of Call). After reading the 2 prior reviews of this cruise I thought I would share an additional perspective.

1: Ship was crowded..true. Prime cruising time and we expected a crowded ship going into the trip. Lines at Lido were at times very long for breakfast and lunch and seating was difficult. Lido buffet did not have the variety that I was accustomed to on Royal Caribbean but Pizza was a kid favorite. Both of mine at it for breakfast and lunch. Pool area...if you could find a place to sit you were lucky. Pool was small and does not accomodate the number of passengers for that ship.

2: Dining Room.. AWESOME!! Staff were great and food was delicious. The steak was one of the best I have ever had!!

3: Cabins...we chose to have 2 separate rooms for our family and that worked out great. They are bigger than Royal Caribbean rooms and bathroom was more accomodating as well. Service was More great as well. We were lucky when we arrived around 12 our rooms were ready and we could get in and change, etc. We were located in the forward section of the ship and I was worried about too much movement in that area. It worked out fine.

4: Ship did rock more than what I imagined it would, but nobody in our family got sick as long as they wore the seabands that we used with prior cruise as well.

5: Shows: 80s show was awesome. I was a bit shocked to see the thongs on the dancers with my 9 year old sitting there watching the spanish show. 6: Half Moon Cay... BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Tendering over was actually pretty easy. Line looked like it would take forever but it moved very quickly. End of day at 3:30 they turned off the water...NOT COOL!!! So...get off the island!! No way to wash off your feet from beach and sand is not cool when it's in your shoes and rubbing.

7: Nassau: free shuttle to visitor center is free so use it. We walked to Queens staircase and Fort Fincastle, came back to ship, ate and hitched a bus to Cable Beach.

8: Had no idea there was a Serenity Deck...doesn't show anywhere on map!!!

9: Waterworks...fun!! There were lines but there again 2633 passengers on ship..cudn't expect less. It was fun for all the family. Good place to grab your chair for the day as well.

Would travel Carnival again..learn something everytime we go. Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination Interior Empress r

Forward cabin didn't make us sick..Porthole was cool!!