Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Forever12

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Forever12
Bahamas Celebration
        3-6 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Wonderful trip to the Bahamas on Bahamas Celebration
I was a little skeptical about a a new cruise line offering a very low price for a cruise to the Bahamas. I decided to check it out and take my little 5 year old son along. We took a red-eye flight from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale. We then boarded the Bahamas Celebration ship at around noon. We were treated to a nice buffet lunch on the top deck. My son was thrilled to on board a "big boat". We explored the ship and stopped at the ice cream shop.

We then checked in to our cabin. We had a basic cabin with a large port view. My son loved "his room". For some reason, he really enjoyed the cabin and loved just hanging out. I convinced him to go to the Little Coconuts kids club so he can play with other little cruisers his own age. He really had fun and the staff was absolutely wonderful. While he was there, I went to have drink at the bar for a Bahama Mama.

After picking my son up from the kids club, we headed for dinner at Rio's. It is a Brazilian BBQ where the staff brings out long skewers of meat and slices a piece off on your plate. They also had delicious appetizers. I also ordered the fish, which was a nicely seasoned Ono. The food was excellent.

The next day we arrived on Grand Bahamas Island. My son and I took a bus ride to the Lucaya Resort. It is a nice beach front resort where we spent the day building sandcastles. Next time, I would skip the included lunch and head to the marketplace. I didn't think the food was very good and was overpriced.

After we got back on the ship, we went to dinner at the Rio's again. I had the Beef Wellington and it was excellent. My son loved the shrimp and had several orders of it. We then saw the show in the lounge. My son was with the other kids in the kids club watching the show while I was in the bar area having another Bahama Mama.

Overall, my son and I had a truly wonderful vacation and the cruise exceeded my expectations. It was a great value. My son keeps asking to go on the :big boat" again.

Publication Date: 06/21/11