Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by SisterSam

Member Name: SisterSam
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

NCL Pearl to Alaska June 2011
We sailed on the Pearl out of Seattle to Alaska. At the last minute we accepted an upsell and we were so glad that we did. The room is larger and more comfortable then what we had previously booked. The upsdie was that we were able to eat breakfast and lunch at Cagneys, which my hubby loved! (Dinner at Cagneys was a different story, see below).

We ate in the main dining room one time. We found it loud and the food not that great.

After that we decided to book dinners in the additional fee restaurants. We ate at LaCucina and Mambo's twice and we really enjoyed the meals in these restaurants. Our dinner at Cagneys was very disappointing. Steak was very tender, but lacked any type of flavor. For what everyone pays, these restaurants should be included in the fee.

We went to the spa which we had planned on doing just once as this trip was a bucket list. Big mistake. I had a mani/pedi, hubby had a cruise special which was massage of the back, neck, and ankles. At the beginning, they give you what I called a medical history sheet. Let me tell you, they take everything you answer and try to SELL you products at the end of your session.........The girl that was doing my mani/pedi had the audacity to even ring up the products she felt I needed and then brought the slip to me for signature along with the slip for the services rendered. I told her that I could not afford them and she still tried to sell me at least one thing. Hubby did get sold one product for his face because they saw on his intake sheet that he had dry skin after shaving, at the cost of $45.00.

On the bright side, taking the up sell we had use of the concierge, Carlos and our butler was Dilip. Both of these gentleman were very gracious and checked on us each and every day to see if we needed anything.

The best part of the trip was Glacier Bay. The scenes were spectacular. I wish we could have parked the boat there and stayed forever!

Nice cruise, staff was friendly, especially on the last day.

Entertainment Shark-bait and Oh What A Night were great, the production company not so much.

I'm so tired of hearing about all the jewelery sales, etc. every day. I won't miss that part.

Publication Date: 06/21/11