Seabourn Sojourn Cruise Review by Clandrea

Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: V1
See More About: Seabourn Sojourn Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Seabourn Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seabourn Sojourn Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seabourn Sojourn Deck Plans
June 3, 2011 Denmark to Stockholm Cruise
I recently sailed the Seabourn Sojourn, through the Baltic Seas, and we had a great time. This was my second time cruising a Seabourn ship, and the experience was a bit different. We had cruised the Spirit that was smaller and more personalized. The Soujourn was bigger and the small cruise experience was definitively lost a bit, which was a bit disappointing, since we are kind of quite couple, and enjoy the time spent by ourselves, even though we don't mind sometimes a bit of company.

The weather was beautiful, which made the experience more enjoyable. The personal service provided by our chamber maid was as not as personal as the time we sailed the cruise. When we first arrived, we had forgotten to bring toothpaste, so we asked her to try to help us with that, and she said there was none aboard. I thought it was a small detail that should have been easily taken care of and didn't. Considering the cost of our cruise and that you can get that even in a three star hotel, I found it not at the level of service.

In general the service was good, not over friendly always, except from the staff that got to know you closer, as per example the waiter/ress that came from your country of origin, that made the effort to remember your last name. But other waiters where almost rude, for example in the situation that I was very tired (due to illness) and asked a random waiter to bring me a salad from the salad bar, she just answered "go an select it yourself from the salad bar", absolutely unthinkable for the service that you are supposed to get.

In all, the experience was excellent. Food was very good, not excellent, but totally enjoyable.

Also, I have to say that the show on board was also very good, much better than I remembered at the Spirit. They had four singers, Broadway style, that were really good, I have to give them credit for that.

I liked the new hub style lounge that the Soujourn had, that hadn't seen before, and it was very good.

In all, very enjoyable cruise experience. I heard nothing but compliments from other fellow cruisers, specially the ones that were cruising the Seabourn for the first time. I guess they had no point of comparing.

Publication Date: 06/20/11