Seabourn Sojourn Cruise Review by Clandrea: June 3, 2011 Denmark to Stockholm Cruise

Clandrea
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Seabourn Sojourn Baltic Sea Cruises

June 3, 2011 Denmark to Stockholm Cruise

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

I recently sailed the Seabourn Sojourn, through the Baltic Seas, and we had a great time. This was my second time cruising a Seabourn ship, and the experience was a bit different. We had cruised the Spirit that was smaller and more personalized. The Soujourn was bigger and the small cruise experience was definitively lost a bit, which was a bit disappointing, since we are kind of quite couple, and enjoy the time spent by ourselves, even though we don't mind sometimes a bit of company.

The weather was beautiful, which made the experience more enjoyable. The personal service provided by our chamber maid was as not as personal as the time we sailed the cruise. When we first arrived, we had forgotten to bring toothpaste, so we asked her to try to help us with that, and she said there was none aboard. I thought it was a small detail that should have been easily taken care of and didn't. Considering the cost of our cruise and that you can get that even in a three star hotel, I More found it not at the level of service.

In general the service was good, not over friendly always, except from the staff that got to know you closer, as per example the waiter/ress that came from your country of origin, that made the effort to remember your last name. But other waiters where almost rude, for example in the situation that I was very tired (due to illness) and asked a random waiter to bring me a salad from the salad bar, she just answered "go an select it yourself from the salad bar", absolutely unthinkable for the service that you are supposed to get.

In all, the experience was excellent. Food was very good, not excellent, but totally enjoyable.

Also, I have to say that the show on board was also very good, much better than I remembered at the Spirit. They had four singers, Broadway style, that were really good, I have to give them credit for that.

I liked the new hub style lounge that the Soujourn had, that hadn't seen before, and it was very good.

In all, very enjoyable cruise experience. I heard nothing but compliments from other fellow cruisers, specially the ones that were cruising the Seabourn for the first time. I guess they had no point of comparing. Less

Read more Seabourn Sojourn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seabourn Sojourn Review >>

Cabin review: Seabourn Sojourn Veranda Suite Deck Five 507

507, very nice cabin, a bit far from the main area, quiet, close to the launderette area (important for someones). This is one of the cabins, where you can hear a lot of noise when reaching a port, which didn't bother me, since is something to expect. Nice balcony. Even though I didn't spend a lot of time in the balcony, it's very nice to have one, just to sit there in the mornings and enjoy the breeze and the beautiful views.

All embarking procedures went on smoothly. We had done the online registration so everything was in order. I would have wished that in the booklet sent to us, there were more clearer instructions or more specific ones on how to arrive to the dock where we were boarding. We had to find this out for ourselves. There were very little signs in the nearby area, and had to go by our instincts. I more detailed map wouldn't hurt.

It was difficult to go through the customs checkpoint all the time, with the Russian only speaking officers. I guess this has nothing to do with Seabourns, but it would help a lot having personal assigned to assist any doubts that come specially when you are not able to communicate properly with them, to make you feel more reassured.