Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Patricia Roche

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Patricia Roche
Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: Patricia Roche
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 2B
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

What a fabulous experience
From the moment we arrived at Southampton, everything was taken out of our hands and we were guided through the embarkation process with efficiency and ease. On entering our stateroom we were surprised at its size and spaciousness and especially the balcony, which was about the same size as you would find in any good hotel. The quality of the furnishings and facilities was exceptional and the cleanliness of the whole ship was amazing. Cleaning of the various areas was going on 24 hours per day - even the staterooms were done twice a day and clean towels provided twice a day. This was five star treatment and the crew were the icing on the cake. Everyone was there to ensure that the passengers had a good time, they were pleasant and courteous and went out of their way to be helpful. Best of all they joined in the fun and far from the stuffy cruise we imagined a five star ship would provide, we were pleased to find that the whole two weeks was geared to ensuring the passengers had everything they required and more. The food was just out of this world and I tried some things I thought I never would and loved it. The standard of service was excellent and the choice of meals extensive so that there was something for everyone. Cooked to perfection the chefs did an outstanding job with the food and are to be congratulated.

What a fabulous experience this cruise was. Originally a celebration of two retirements and so an excuse to 'push the boat out' one last time as far as the expense was concerned, it proved to be a wonderful trip which was worth every penny. We shall have to keep doing the lottery now as we can't wait to do it again. I have travelled the world for many years, seen some wonderful places and done some amazing things, but I am so pleased that I had the opportunity to sail in such a magnificent ship before I have to hang up my travelling shoes for good. Thank you Celebrity and all your fantastic staff for making this cruise the trip of a lifetime.

Publication Date: 06/20/11