Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by pinkie60: PLEASANTLY SURPRISED

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

We booked directly through the Bahamas Celebration so the previous review you probably just read was about the Caribbean Cruise Line which is a timeshare company and not the Bahamas Celebration. So going forward do not book the timeshare book directly through the ship.

Embarkation was a breeze, we got to choose our dining times and the different restaurants and excursions. When we got on board, they checked our luggage just like in a hotel and they brought our luggage up to our room around 2:00 pm as promised. The seas were flat calm so the ship handled well but I must say that going out of Palm Beach we hit a thunderstorm with winds up to 50 and the ship didn't even rock an inch.

Dinner was very good and my grand-kids who range from 15 to 9 are picky eaters. They tried the adult menu and the kids menu and they were blown away by the service and the ability to eat anything they wanted

There is some much to do that we didn't even scratch the surface of items. This More could have been a 3 night stay with another night just floating on the ocean and enjoying the ship.

The crew was very accommodating and made it a point to use our names. The outside of the ship looks like a ferry but the inside looks like any Carnival Cruise ship.

The entertainment was OK but Steve Zimmerman the comedian was fantastic, we laugh so much our sides hurt.

I'll sail on her again and again and so are many of my friends from Palm beach County Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 8454

The two suites I booked were spacious as the Carnival Imagination but cleaner. They both had terraces but were set up for winter cruising not a balcony type. The furniture could have been updated with dark wood instead of the blond wood but I would imagine the ship will be updated because they are having such a huge success in Palm Beach. Also the linans were nice but the mattress was lumpy. They could use more toiletries in the shower but the shower had glass doors and was spacious and very clean.