Disney Dream Cruise Review by sabandmom

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Disney Dream Simply Magical
Embarkation: The process I believe went smoothly but it did take along time. We got to the port at noon and walked on board at 1:30pm. We received boarding number 21. The timing worked out well though because as soon as we got on board, our cabin was ready and the remainder of our bags arrived shortly after.

Cabin: We had a veranda cabin on deck 6. I would choose this cabin again! It was in a great location and very quiet. We were on the forward part of the ship which was great because these elevators were never crowded. The cabin is beautiful! So much space and counter space for everything. The bed was very comfortable. My son, who is 6'1" slept on the bunk and he said it was great! Our cabin hostess was Mia and she was great. She made up the room everytime we left and we hardly ever saw her. I also really liked the shampoo and conditioner available. No need in my opinion to pack your own. We didn't watch any TV so cannot comment.

Dining: I was suprised how good the food was with all the negative comments. There were only a couple of items (side dishes) I didn't care for (the pearl pasta). Everything else was very good. the portions are small but you can always order more but we didn't have to. I mostly ordered shrimp,lobster,scallops, and steak. I really like the rotational dining. Our favorite was Royal Palace with Enchanted Garden being our least favorite. Not the setting, but the food. Animators palate was fun. Our serving team was really good (Herbert and Heidi). Our drinks stayed full and the service was great. The last night we were offered wine on the house since the entree took longer. We weren't going to say anything as we were enjoying conversation but the head server offered. room service; it took a while the 1st night we ordered. (aound an hour) but the 2nd time, it was quicker (20-30min) They do have Mickey Bars even though it's not on the menu. We also went to Skyline Lounge one night. It is a very cozy quiet part of the ship. The drink I had was the best one I had the whole trip!

Shows: Our comedy show was very funny! Alfred and Seymour. We went back to the adult show later in the cruise. Villains was good. Funny as well. We missed Golden Mickeys. Pirates movie one night and then Believe which we thought was Disney at its best. Really good "feel good" show. Very talented performers. We played the midship detective agency game. It is also top notch Disney. We really had fun doing this. Really good way to see parts of the ship we would have missed.

Pools and Activities: The main pool area was crowded most of the cruise but the Cove pool wasn't crowded at all except on the sea day. The loungers are very nice. The aqua duck was fun. Not a thrill ride but good. The putt putt course was very cute. It's a 9 hole course on deck 13 aft. Overall the public areas were really pretty. You can tell it's a new ship. I really liked the stairs on deck. It seemed like the deck stairs on the Carnival Cruise we went on were all steep with hand rails. the deck stairs on the dream are regular solid wood staircases.

Ports; In Nassau, we went to the Pirate Museum. We recommend this. It is more about the history of pirates. Very interesting. $12 to get in. Then we went in the Church across the street (lots of stained glass) We went to Hard Rock Cafe before heading back to the ship. We were offered several things (hair braining,Cuban cigars) but we said no thank you and they left us alone. Castaway was really nice! We snorkeled,did the stingray tour,bikes,went down the slide and I hung out for awhile on a hammock. Really nice. We did here of some getting stung by jellyfish. Cookies too was a nice lunch buffet.

Overall I would definitely cruise the Dream again. I know I have sounded like a Disney commercial but I believe Disney held to their standards on this cruise. I would improve the embarkation process and work on the room service. Those were the only negatives that come to mind. Oh, and if you have kids, plan on taking time for characters. The lines were long for those.

Publication Date: 06/20/11