“Expected more from Celebrity Summit”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

mw4357 Celebrity Summit 0 Expected more from Celebrity Summit
mw4357
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Started out of Bayonne, NJ which was as easy as you can expect, port needs better facilities and signage but has very easy to board. We boarded and went to our room, Concierge Class Room 9046.

Room was adequate, really tight with sofa bed open. Balcony was nice with 2 chairs and small table. Room Stewart was fantastic he handled every request timely and professionally.

Food on board was good to very good in both the buffets and dining room. Buffet hours are not friendly to active cruisers. Service in the dining room was great. My only disappointment was the desserts seemed bland.

My daughter did not like the Kids Club so she only spent about an hour there, loved the pool but was upset with the hours. Pool closed at 7:30 four nights of the cruise. We wished it was open later. Was even closed with organized parties on pool deck.

Couldn't ask for friendlier staff from the Captain to the Maintenance Personnel were as helpful as could be. Never passed a crew member without a good day at the least.

My only real complaint was room service. It was horrible. There is a special menu for Concierge Class Rooms and can receive hot breakfast in your cabin. We ordered it the first day and the majority of the food was inedible. Eggs were cold discs, bacon (asked for crispy) was next to raw and cold. Parfait and smoothies tasted like they were spoiled. We then decided to just have coffee and pastry delivered (need our morning coffee) ordered 2 coffees and 1 hot chocolate for pastries 3 guests., received 2 cups and 1 pastry. Had to call back for more cups and it took 40 minutes for them to arrive. One morning got hot water instead of coffee, another did not get any cream or sugar and never received the correct number of cups or bowls if cereal was ordered (3 cereals 1 bowl). I know it's not major but I had expected much better quality control than this from a cruise line like Celebrity.

Disembarkation was a breeze and we were off the ship by 8:40 and home by 11:00. Overall I would recommend Celebrity but want against room service.

Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9046
Some noise in early morning and early evening from above, while moving chairs on the pool deck.
Published 06/20/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Summit Review
Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?