Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by w4kry: Freedom Review

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Freedom Review

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

We arrived at Ft. Lauderdale airport around 10:30 AM, retrieved our luggage and waited about 20 minutes for the shuttle. We went thru process of embarkation without any complaints. We were on the ship and enjoying lunch and couple of drinks by 1 pm

We had previous had balcony cabins but this time decided to save some money and went with an inside cabin. WE LOVED IT! We were on deck 7. The cabin was very roomy with more storage space than we actually used. At night we would just leave the bathroom light on and the door cracked so that we had a little night light in case we needed to get up during the night.

We had selected early dining (since we normal eat dinner at 6 pm). The food was good. My DH loved the fish dinners. I am not much of a seafood eater but there was always something else on the menu that I could choose from. I believe we probably had the best waiters. Even during the daytime if we saw them they would always stop and speak to us.

During sea More days, we enjoyed sitting by the pool and soaking up the sun, watching the pool activities (the normal ones ...hairy chest competition, etc). The only complaint I could make about the pool area is that I found it hard to believe how parents would let their children take food in the pool area. The security guards were busy keeping the kids out of the pool and hot tubs with ice cream. Our second day at sea, it rained most of the morning hours, but we found cover and read our books and napped. Even the rain couldn't make me spend the day indoors.

The shows were typical. But we attended them each night. We made friends with another couple and would meet each other after dinner and attend the show and comedy acts together. The only problem that we had at all during the shows was from a couple of teenagers. The teenagers were very rude and extremely loud. At one point, we actually had to go get security to calm them down. Security had problems with this group all week. Not sure where their parents were.

Cozumel - We have been there so many times that we opted to just walk around and shop a little. I found a pair of blue diamonds that I loved but talked my DH out of buying for me...foolish right? O well, maybe next time. After shopping we stopped at Three Amigos for a couple of drinks and laughs.

Costa Rica - We decided to go ziplinning thru the rainforest. I am sure that while standing in line to be fitted for the harness, everyone around me could hear my heart pounding. But after the fear subsided, I enjoyed it so much. I will definitely do it again. We did get to see some monkeys while we there.

Panama Canal - LOVED IT! But it was HOT! We did the Panama Canal Tour (8 hours). While in the Canal we spotted a crocodile. I was a little disappointed that when we booked the tour on the ship, we were told to make sure we took water with us, so of course we bought 2 bottles on the ship, but the tour furnishes soft drinks, water, and lunch. I would highly recommend this tour.

Leaving the ship was a breeze. We kept our luggage with us and was off the ship and at the airport within an hour. I now wish we had booked an earlier flight.

We had a great time! Cruising is the best way to vacation!! We are already planning our next one. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Interior Empress 7327

Our cabin (7327) was great. Lots of storage and very roomy for an inside cabin. It was very quiet.