Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by Tilac

Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: San Francisco
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: A
See More About: Crystal Symphony Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Crystal Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Crystal Symphony Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Crystal Symphony Deck Plans
First Cruise on Crystal
The cruise was great.

Pros:

Everything I had read about the food was right on. It is outstanding and you get anything you want by just asking. As our head waiter said "We can give you anything except world peace".

I asked for Salmon Wellington and the next night an entire fish filet was wrapped in pastry and served to our entire table. Luckily I was traveling with five others that could help with the meal.

Entertainment was also very good along with the many activities available through out the day.

The crew was very friendly and attentive to your needs.

Cons:

The smoking in the casino was unbearable at times. It is the main reason that I stayed away. Some of our group did weather the smoke but they too were disappointed that people were allowed to smoke or that the ship didn't do something to mediate the problem.

We did not get to see Hubbard glacier because of bad weather and ice. Too bad as it was one thing that I would love to have seen.

The transportation we got when we disembarked was less than first class. They took us to a hotel and dropped us off to wait for our flight. We then had to board a common bus that stopped at other hotels to pick up passengers. The bus then proceeded to the airport stopping at all airlines and picked up more passengers and dropped off some. It was a goat rodeo as the bus got very confusing. This is not the type of transportation I have received on other upscale cruise lines.

Room was a bit small.

Overall:

I would again sail with Crystal.

Publication Date: 06/20/11