“Big Disappointment”

MARMIE55
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I entered this cruise with high hopes. We were celebrating my daughter's graduation from college. The embarkation from Charleston was very smooth. Our cabin was what we expected. It was an interior cabin with 2 twin beds. It was small, but very clean. Beds were comfortable. Our room steward was excellent. Bathroom was small but clean.

Food was acceptable. We ate dinner each evening in the Celebrity Dining room. We had anytime seating. If we went in between the 2 assigned seating times, the service was very slow. So we just went about 15 minutes after an assigned time. The food was not fabulous. However I did not go hungry. The food on the Lido deck was fine for lunch. They offered pretty much the same thing every day. I suggest taking advantage of being able to bring a 12 pack of soda on board with you. Cans are $1.95 each. The ice tea and lemonade were the only free cold drinks.

I thought the entertainment left a lot to be desired. We went to the show each evening. If you did not get there early, the available seats made viewing the stage difficult. The first evening was to be a great send off show. It was lousy and merely an introduction to the entertainment staff. One night was a tribute to the Beatles. It was ok. Another night a juggler, another night a hypnotist. Pretty lame. We did go to see the comedian which was ok, but not great. There was one group called Boardwalk (I think). They were great and we enjoyed listening to them. I really expected games and contests and prizes around the pool. That was very limited and the prize was a plastic repica of a ship. We tried the trivia which was something to do to take up time. We played mini golf a few times. Mostly we had to entertain ourselves by playng ping pong or cards. The pool was very small. I have a 16'x32' pool at home. This one on the ship was smaller. You had to stand in it like a soldier. The water slides were fun.

The biggest disappointment was that our stop in Nassau was cancelled due to a medical emergency. I realize the severity of the problem and the fact that the man needed medical treatment. However, Carnival should have done something to compensate the rest of us. The stop in the Bahamas was the reason why I booked the cruise. When I returned home, I tried calling and emailing Carnival. Their customer service representatives were not at all helpful and flatly refused to discuss any form of compensation. The port of Half Moon Cay was great! Very beautiful. Grand Turk was a disappointment. Don't bother going into town. It was 6 small buildings selling flea market items. There are no resorts on the island. The beach at the dock was pretty nice and the pool at Margaritaville was nice. We had just hoped to get away from the crowds and find something to do. The disembarkation was smooth. We transported our own luggage.

Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4B
We had an inside cabin with 2 twin beds. The beds were comfortable. Our room was kept very clean. Bathroom was small but fine. No hair dryers were provided. But there was a razor and shampoo. We had to put a towel under our door each night because for some reason the AC seemed to draw cigarette amoke into our room.

Port

Read 1,364 Grand Turk Reviews
Published 06/19/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Fantasy Review
Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?