“Tahiti 7 Nights”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I took a 7 day cruise on the m/s Paul Gauguin. We truly had an amazing time. This was our first time on a cruise!

We took a direct afternoon flight from LAX to Papeete. The flight was fine going to Tahiti, but coming back on the redeye............. I think we may have to plan things differently next time.

I will not bore you with all the details but our stateroom, the food, certain shore excursions, service, was above expectation!

The first time in our stateroom, I noticed the bathroom was not too clean but after I brought this up to the reception desk, our room was cleaned and perfect after that. No complaints for the remainder of the trip.

There is one thing I must warn you:

If you have a post room at the Radisson and transfer to the airport, please CONFIRM with the reception desk if you want to go directly to the hotel and opt out the 2 1/2 hour tour before they drop you off. (if you want to do the tour, then this warning does not apply to you).

My husband and I were expected to go directly to the Radisson on our last day of the cruise. Later when we were already on the bus, the guide of Tahiti Trans mentions you will be on this bus for 2 1/2 hours before we drive you directly to the hotel. I looked at my husband as we never signed up for this and I was not feeling too well that day.

When we reached the first stop, I kindly asked the guide if she can take my husband and I straight to the Radisson as they have to pass by it on their next our stop. Myvia (was her name) said she cannot do this and she had to follow the schedule. Your kidding me? So if someone is sick.......you will not do anything about this?

She said we could walk to the hotel and carry our own carry on luggage.

So, that is what we did. I was surprised that PG would use this transit service if this is the way they treat their customers.

So, I just wanted to share this experience with you so you do not have to go through what we went through.

I was told that PG gives you the option to opt out of the tour if you are transferred to the Radisson, the sad thing about this, is that we never receive the form that was suppose to be delivered to our stateroom to opt out. Therefore they just stick you on the tour without asking you.

Paul Gauguin Cruises to the South Pacific

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Paul Gauguin Review
Paul Gauguin Cruises to the South Pacific
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?