“Do not get on this ship!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas

boognish Radiance of the Seas 1 Do not get on this ship!
boognish
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Over all, Horrible crew, Very poor service, at times confrontational. Smell of sewage overwhelming in both of the rooms we booked. Ship in poor condition overall. RC should have never let passengers on board. Expect a 2 star experience at best. Will never sail with RC again! Read on for the details.

This was a repositioning trip where the ship went to dry dock for refurbishing.

embarkation process was fine. The first negative experience was when we got to our rooms. The smell of raw sewage from the bathroom was overwhelming. and there was some damage to the decor. Good sized room though.

Our next bad experience was our first night for the early seating dinner. We booked our cruise on-line and requested a private table for our family of five which included two small children. We were seated at a large table with two other couples. I asked for the table we reserved, but was harshly told this is all they had and to check back the next day to make arrangements.

Went back the next day and spoke with the daytime attendee at host stand to get the table we pre-reserved for our family. He rudely told us he could not help us and I must speak with the restaurant manager, but he would be unavailable until dinner service. When we arrived that evening they kept me and my children waiting for several minutes while they walked the dining room asking people to move. I saw how unprofessional it all was and just wanted to eat and get out at that point and asked to be seated at our original table. They insisted on keeping up the ridiculous effort of asking people to move. I had to tell the hosts several times that our original table would be fine just to get some food for our kids. Needless to say we spent the rest of the dinners at a shared table. Never got what we reserved, and no crew member seemed to care at all.

The food on board was marginal to say the best. poor quality of the ingredients and poor preparation. I swear one nights soup choice was rotten.

Did have a good server assistant, server was ok, Head waiter was horrible, unhelpful and rude. Found myself eating salad and pizza for the majority of the trip, not fantastic, but I knew what I was in for.

One of the worst experiences was when I witnessed an older lady (70's) order a mint julip next to me at the Schooner Bar. She told the bartender that her drink was terrible. He began to yell at her and belittle her saying he did not make that drink and she should apologize to him for blaming him for a sub-par drink. The lady was in tears and actually apologized to him. I guess they fixed her drink, she took it and left as did we. UNBELIEVABLE!

I wrote to Royal Caribbean to tell of these and other negative experiences we had. I got a pretty insincere sounding apology letter was expecting more of a reaction to how bad our crew was and the poor conditions of the ship. I guess the poor service of Royal Caribbean flows from the top down.

Needless to say I will Never sail with RC again. I hope this review makes one think twice about booking with them.

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Canada & New England

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Radiance of the Seas Review
Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?