“Queen Mary 2 (QM2) - Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

DT Queen Mary 2 (QM2) 4 Queen Mary 2 (QM2) - Eastern Caribbean
DT
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Nice trip. The food was great and the ship was great. After reading other reviews we were surprised to find that getting on and off the ship was a fast process. We did hear others complain -- this was the most common complaint. The ship has a huge reputation and people had huge expectations, so people complained about dumb stuff (like not getting horseradish with a steak -- ask for it, like at a high end steak house on land). I do think the embarkation complaints were legitimate, but not with us.

The room was great, lots of space and great service. People complaining about having a hard time getting around the ship, I do not agree. It is a large vessel but manageable.

The highs -- staff, the ship, the people -- not all old (I am 37 and met many my age), the food (except the food court -- I do not do buffets), the spa we used 5 times -- great, Todd English was the best (I had two meals) and service most of the time. No problems with reservation at the spa or Todd English, but do them early.

The lows -- port of call visits too short, tendering was an adventure for my wife, not for me. Poolside band was not out long enough and drinks were hard to get while in the whirlpool (tough life). Also, they seemed to nickel and dime for soft drinks.

I would use the QM2 again. We had rain and a cold/kind of rough first night/day and it was still worth the money.

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review
Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?