Noordam Cruise Review by jmwpga: Perfect Itinerary

Perfect Itinerary

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

The Noordam is a much larger ship (2,000+/- passengers v. 1,200-1,500)than I'm used to but is certainly not of the mega variety which I avoid like the plague. At times, it did seem a little too big but it did not detract from the legendary, friendly and efficient service.Nothing ever seems crowded except one day when it seemed the entire boat was taking one of the land tours in Tunisia and there was a long line to disembark. I myself even took a ship excursion that day because I believed I could not navigate the city efficiently.

We had been staying in Rome pre-cruise so we got to the port before noon. The embarkation was seamless and our luggage was delivered to the room within 1 1/2 hours.

The ports on this cruise were absolutely the best and included Cannes, Palermo, Barcelona, Tunisia, Athens, Santorini, Turkey, Dubrovnik and a few other smaller ports.

All-in-all, with the exception of the toilets in our part of the ship not operating on 3 different More occasions, the trip, the dining, the service, the entertainment and other things to do were very satisfactory.

My only unsatisfactory experience was in the Pinnacle Grill, for which you normally pay $20 per head but one night on this trip was $39 per head because of a supposed "Le Cirque Restaurant" extravaganza. The Pinnacle Grill on this ship is far larger than the smaller ships and decidedly less intimate and elegant than I have experienced on other ships. Maybe it was a bad night for the restaurant but the entire night was poor from the greeting to the menu with little choice to the inexperienced wine to the lacking Le Cirque experience. I spoke to the front office after the meal and the representative instantly made it right. Less

Published 06/19/11

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Compare Prices on Noordam Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Cabin review: K4148 Interior Stateroom

This was an inside cabin on the Upper Promenade deck and was perfectly satisfactory with a shower only bathroom which we prefer. It was located just before the aft elevator lobby but was quiet. Plenty of closet space.

Read All Interior Stateroom (K) Reviews >>
Member Since 2011
1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X