“Decline in Service & Substance aboard Princess Cruise Lines”
Cruise review of Crown Princess

SunshineGram Crown Princess 2 Decline in Service & Substance aboard Princess Cruise Lines
SunshineGram
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My best friend and I just returned on June 10, 2011 from a 15 day Transatlantic cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton; continuing for another 12 days around the British Isles. Upon returning to Southampton, we boarded the Queen Mary II for the return trip to the U.S.

With few exceptions, the trip was a complete disappointment. From the over all service in every department, to the TSA tactics of the ships security detail when dealing with returning guest passengers; the majority of them affluent, seasoned travelers and over 55 years old. Each time we were made to feel like criminals smuggling drugs. Absurd! No one every greeted us upon our return from shore.

The shows were boring and lackluster, not to mention repeat performances from past cruises. Activities from Bingo to Trivia were disorganized; we moved rooms on 3 separate occasions because the venue was too small. "Games" typical of Carnival Caribbean cruises geared for the under 30 crowds were an embarrassing part of the very public Piazza programs. Watching 60 year old couples "bouncing" on balloons positioned on their partners lap, was disgusting!

As an Elite Member, I am entitled to free dry cleaning. Of the 5 things I sent to the cleaners, one suit was lost completely and one brand new $200 jacket was washed - not dry cleaned and subsequently ruined. I won't go into the fiasco that followed.

Travelers who have the time and discretionary income to travel first class transatlantic are usually seasoned cruisers. We can spend our money on a myriad of vacation options available these days, not just cruises. Princess staff appears younger and less experienced without guidance from senior staff, who.... know better.

I didn't feel valued as a loyal Elite passenger on the last 3 trips with Princess and after this recent trip aboard the Crown which will be my last - I hope to find a new cruise line who does value my business and respect me as a passenger. Shame on Carnival... their corporate philosophy is even seeping onto the Cunard Line. It is sad.

Crown Princess Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mini-Suite with Balcony

The Cruise Staff onboard the Crown Princess for this 27 day cruise were appalling.

Unorganized, uninformed and inexperienced.

We paid over $240 to go the the Tulip Fesitval in Rotterdam. When we got there all the tulips had been cut down. Princess offered no explanation or refund.

In Dublin, on a trip to Powerscourt Estate including the "Waterfall", when we inquried at the tour desk if the Waterfall was on the Estate Grounds - the tour desk employees - 3 of them - said "I don't know" and when asked if they would find out and call us with the answer, they said sure. They never did call us.

This was repeated on almost every trip. It is a testimony as to why so many folks we know book their trips via Cruise Critic, American Express or just on their own. Can't blame them.

Published 06/19/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Crown Princess Review
Crown Princess Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?