Ruby Princess Cruise Review by paradiseisaprincessaway

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Ruby Princess Cruise Review by paradiseisaprincessaway
Ruby Princess
Ruby Princess
Member Name: paradiseisaprincessaway
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Ruby Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
The beginning of a MONSTER
First off a little background:

The reason for booking this trip was a close friend and I had a pretty bad fight where we didnt speak in almost a year! Once we spoke we decided to take a trip! Disneyland? Mexico? a Cruise??? hmmm sure why not! that was the beginning of our "dynasty"

We booked sailing out of New York because its a place I always wanted to go. We stayed in NY for 3 nights and it was a busy 3 days let me tell you! but we were able to cover alot of ground!

We decided to take a limo to the pier and what a time we had....we cruised out of brooklyn. Our driver was so funny, he had a bottle of champaign for us and we sipped our cocktails and chatted about what was to come....which my friend (Rayn) disclosed to me ...... "by the way im terrified of the water" WHAT?  I know.

we get in the line up and meet some very interesting people and very friendly who were giving us pointers....her and I took turns havin a smoke as the line was about an hour and a half....

Once we got on the boat we found our room and started exploring. We were able to find pretty much everything we wanted for the next day so we just spent that night wandering and getting our sea legs.

The next day OMG was insane - we both had spa services booked for 8am!~ and after pounding the pavement in NYC for 3 days we were pooped so a trip to the spa was just what the dr ordered.

after the spa we had breakfast on our balcony - A MUST DO!!! so nice and relaxing....

Now it was off to exlpore again and have a hawaiian tropics! YUMMY we did alot of walking around and got hot so we decided to hit up the pool, on our way back to our room we met VICHI BEST STEWARD EVER. We told him we would be spending lots of time in the pool and our room was ALWAYS stocked with hoards of pool towles! AWESOME!

We went to the captian meet and greet and let me tell you that was a time to remember! we met these two (lets say SPINSTERS) while waiting for his appearance, and these ladies were so funny. our conversation went from how fab the hot sunny weather was to how hot the captian would be and if his first mate was single. drinks (hawaiian tropics )were flowing and the captin appeared! Definately not my idea of HOT but my new spinster friends were ooohing and ahhhing over this little italian man (forget his name)

after that we decided to go for dinner and have a hawaiian tropic and check out skywalkers. what a time! the food was amazing at dinner and the atmosphere in skywalkers was SO FUN. keeping in mind we were mid 20's single gals. Met some more really fun people and had a great time

one Port day we went to antiga - we went on the priate excursion and at first it was lame, but once the pirate grog started flowing we were up doing the dollar dance and YMCA with the rest of the group...tonight was our first formal night - got all dolled up and headed to dinner...again great food great service great hawaiian tropics lots of fun!

St Kitts was another port we hit up - we went exploring and saw history here as well as some port shopping, once we got back to the boat had supper and afterwards seen our patter (OMG TONIGHT IS THE HALLOWEEEN PARRTY) OMG OMG so we had planned on halloween however on the 31 not the 30....anyways so we decided to have a quick nap....WELL BLESS MY SOCKS! we woke up at 1030PM so much for a damn quick nap! anyways we got up ordered drinks (hawaian Tropics) and got ready in a flash! WOAH what a time the costumes the people and the party were amazing!!!!! with the exception of one guy dressed as some president in a speedo wwho was very touchy feely and very sweaty!

St thomas we swam with sting rays and helmet dived - so much fun do it at least once in your life for sure! its worth it for sure!!!! but it was a one of for me I dont think i would do it again..

Next formal night was indeed YUMMY had some more hawaiian tropics

the sea days were spent lounging by the pool, hanging out on our balcony and relaxing and having a good time!!!!!!!!

I loved everythihng about this trip from the daily hawaian tropics, to the late night conversations rekindling my friendship with my dear friend.

the cruise was fun, the boat clean, the rooms comfy, the price great -- only complaint was distance from our room to the dining room - never made it back the entire way in my heels

Publication Date: 06/19/11