Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by babs2892

Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
        10-12 4.0

Best Vacation Ever.
We took a Carnival cruise and had a terrible time, So we gave cruising one more try. We booked on Freedom Of the Seas(may 29th) for my Daughters birthday. So glad we did.

We started off staying at the Country Inn and Suites, beautiful hotel and left the car during the cruise. they gave you a ride to the port and a ride back when you returned.

Had a little hick up at the port, when a port worker told half the line to go to the other door, and there we stood when the others were going in, so they sent us back to the door we were at first after about a half an hour. Oh well, we just let it go. We got on the ship after about an hour and half. We went to eat at the Windjammer, wow a lot better then Carnival, food was fresh, a little bit crowded, but it was okay.

We got to our Cabin, totally amazed, felt comfy, clean, and had plenty of room for three. our bags were already waiting for us. We walked around the ship and was just blown away at the beauty, The pools and hot tubs were awesome. My daughter did not really care for the kids club, she is ten, I think she just wanted to do other things like swim.

We went to dinner at the Galileo's for my time dining.Our waiter Albert was awesome, the food was great, We ate at the dining room every night but once, had to wait a few times for a table, and it was really busy, formal nights were a joke, people wore overalls, shorts, definitely was not formal attire. Albert was a hit with my daughter, he was so pleasant.

Our room Steward David was great, the towel creatures was really funny especially when they wore my sunglasses. room was always clean.

My daughters birthday was the second day on the ship, We payed for the decorations and birthday cake, what an awesome job they did, it was a big hit, and well worth the cost.

The first night we went to watch the dream-works parade it was crowded but great. I was really tired so we went to bed, WOW how comfy, the bed was awesome, I did not wake up with a sore back. So Royal did not spare expense on comfort. The shower was also pretty nice, great water pressure, and you can actually turn around in it.

The ice show is a must see. awesome does not really explain it, I left with a smile on my face. I played the first Bingo session and hey I won the first game. The Staff were awesome, friendly, and were all upbeat, hard workers. The Casino was nice especially since I won $200.00, but Yes I gave most of it back. but was fun. The shops were great, fell in love with a watch in one of the stores, Sorry Royal I bought it back at home. All in All this was one of the best vacations ever. The other guest were not all so friendly, but you get that everywhere you go. just over look them and have a great time. The first port we went to was Labadee Haiti. It was okay, except i was picking up trash more then i should of had to. the buffet was okay. the shopping strip was way to much begging, If you bought from one vendor they all had to show you something, so they were all really pushy. Leaving the ship back at home was so sad, It went pretty smooth, a little un organized at the pick up zone, but it did go pretty smooth. Can't wait to book another cruise on Royal Caribbean.

Publication Date: 06/19/11