Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Suzq3

Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 6L
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        3-6 2.0
        13-15 2.0

Family 'break'
I travelled with my DH, DS aged 14, and DD's aged 5 & 3.

I will try and make this quick the positives first -

* Embarkation was fast and smooth.

* Food ok for first 4 days

* Room big, two washrooms a bonus.

* Outdoor screen showing movies was great with blankets and free popcorn.

Now for the not so positives

* DO NOT pick 1443 or 1447!!-I'd say most rooms on deck one are near enough the same noise wise. We were woken up every night from 4-6 am with room shaking vibrations. These vibrations were enough to wake up my very heavy sleeping husband and of course the rest of us who were then kept awake all morning. Missed going ashore at most ports as we were usually all exhausted.

* The room service menu is very limited and the quality of food is awful.

* The food all over the ship was made with cheap ingredients. MDR was ok, I only went a few times was difficult to keep the little ones occupied. Lido and room service, leftovers were obviously used over and over again. I overheard one of the cooks saying 'absolutely nothing is wasted'..The 'free' coffee was so weak, I had to get my caffeine fix from one of the rip off cafes - set me back nearly $5 a go.

* The kids club, looks great but did not deliver. Most of the crew here were not bothered making an effort with the welcoming or entertaining the kids. They have a great schedule with activities lined out- most of these did not happen. They had scheduled teddy making and other activities which all came with a very hefty charge. My two girls attended for an hour three times. On the third time I went to check them and saw my 3 yr old crying with no one doing anything to help her. When I asked why she was crying I was met with a blunt 'she only started crying now'. She was sobbing with tears were rolling down her little face. Later on, I gave my 'camp cell phone' back and told them we would not be returning. My 14yr old was not into his club and spend his days at the pool (tiny pools) with us or watching in-room movies(had to pay over $10 each)

* Cheap interiors, plastic everywhere. Charged for everything half way decent. You get what you pay for. HAL outshone by a thousand miles

Publication Date: 06/19/11