Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by dudette33: The best cruise ever

The best cruise ever

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

The ship is consists of blocks of neighborhood if it's compared to buildings on land. On deck 15, they have the Lawn Club which has freshly changed grass where you can have picnic, play mini golf, or bocci ball. At the end of the ship on deck 15 is our favorite place to hang out, which is the Sunset Bar, where we enjoyed happy hour drinks. Below Sunset Bar is the Oceanview cafe where we grabbed some snacks during tea time. I like to sit on Sunset Bar everyday, even during port stops. How can I miss it?

Our room is somewhat slimmer, longer, has a big bathroom, but does not have too much storage space for 3 people. But, the bed is comfortable, and our housekeepers always fully stock our amenities (twice a day). Bathroom is always cleaned, and our towels are always changed. Sometimes, I felt awful for using too many towels considering that water is very precious on board.

Entertainment wise, not too good or not as good as Celebrity Millenium to Alaska. They need to More improve on their sound systems. Not a lot of activities in the beginning of the cruise, and then they suddenly crammed everything up on the last sea day of our journey which made me ran here and there within 4 hours. However, those activities were very educational.

Food, oh need I say more? Their steaks, ice creams, desserts, and salads are the best!!!! Not to mention they have black sausage puddings for breakfast and Mexican food during lunch time; I was in heaven! Meat lovers, you will love cruising with Celebrity. Their chefs know how to make carnivores happy!!! Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Equinox Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda Continental Deck (6) 8337

- Big bathroom, great shower head, lots of spaces for your own amenities. - Not too much closet space for 3 people, especially for 11-night cruising. I think they need to put us in a bigger room. - TV is flat screen, but they need to have newer movies. - Water and ice are provided everyday. - Sofa can be converted to an extra bed. - Nice balcony, no smokers. - Comfortable beds. - Rooms are slimmer but longer.

Love Athens, but it was raining and I didn't get enough sleep the night before. Acropolis is amazing, I wish we had more time there. We were lucky to start our tour early on 7:30, so we could enjoy more things to do.

Two days in Istanbul is just not enough. Our visit to the important sites happened on Saturday, which is the busiest time to go to Museums. If you go to Grand Bazaar, must remember to bring Turkish Lira or US$ because I think they have better deals with those currencies than Euro.

Read 256 Istanbul Reviews

We didn't have time to explore the port, only given 2 hours, because we ventured out to Ephesus, House of Virgin Mary, carpet factory, and leather shop. I would come back again next time. If you are going to buy something at the port's shop, remember to bargain 70-90% of the asking price.

Read 357 Kusadasi Reviews

(5.5)
My favorite port of call. No need for a tour guide here, just do it on your own. I don't know why Celebrity ask us to pay $10 for a transportation from ship to town. I think that's a no-no, considering that shuttles should be free.

Read 376 Mykonos Reviews

We went to Capri instead of exploring Naples. Capri is just super beautiful and interesting, not what I expected. Of course, Capri in daytime is different from night time. Must visit the blue grotto, since it's not everyday that the tides allow us to get in there smoothly. You need one hour of ferry ride from the port of Naples to Capri. Unfortunately, I don't know the price since our local tour guide took care of everything. He's the best.
Read 643 Naples Reviews

There is nothing much going on at Civitavecchia, and Rome is 1.5 hours away. My rating of 5 is for Rome, which is exciting, fun, cacophonous, adventurous, and so different from anything I have seen in my life. Rome is a must destination, go there 3 days before cruising to fully enjoy its city. It is one of a kind city.

Santorini is magical, exotic, beautiful, dry and majestic. The island is not what I expected. However, our time here is only from 2 pm to 8:30; so very little time. I would go back again, hopefully soon.