“Too tired to tango”

Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Cabin, sorry stateroom, was fine. it was large, well appointed and kept spotlessly clean. The food was fine although we have had better and the service was good and improved even more as we neared the end (I wonder why!!!)

The entertainment was excellent whether it was acts brought in from the UK or West End type shows all complete with a live bands in the theatre plus entertainment in every bar.

The only gripe was the use of the central atrium for entertainment. It is small with vitrually no seats and interfered with the desks such as customer relations.

But, why oh why do all cruise lines rip us off with drinks prices whether it be wine at dinner, soft drinks in the day or even plain old water. This always leaves me with a slightly sour taste when I know that a bottle of wine cosying $36 was one that I could have bought at my local supermarket for less than £5. I know that there has to be a mark up, but 500%! And that was after buying the drinks package.

Gothenburg - not worth getting off the ship for, just an industrial city. (2)

Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Baltic Sea
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

D19634
Good size cabin with a reasonable size balcony with table and two comfortable chairs. Bathroom was fine with a shower that I could actually turn around in (different to some others) and a shower that actually worked like a shower should. Bit of a walk to the lifts but at least we didn't get much passing traffic.

Port
Went on a cruise booked trip to Porvoo. Quite interesting, old village with wooden houses and then trip dragged out with a trip around Helsinki with bugger all to see. Not worth the money.

Read 527 Helsinki Reviews
Two day trip booked and well worth it if not knackering. We walked three miles around the Hermitage museum alone and, having been out for two 10 hour days, felt as though we needed another holiday.

Port
Get to the Vasa museum early. Well worth seeing but when we came out, they had stopped further admissions because it was full. Area around the palace was OK but nothing special.

Port
Walk into town. It is small with lots of cobbled streets and steep hills to the top where the cathedral is but still walkable as we are both in our sixties and I am definitely not fit.

Bit like a fairy castle and lots of the locals in natonal dress. Drinks quite good prices (especially compared to the ship!)

Read 583 Tallinn Reviews
Published 06/19/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Jewel of the Seas Review
Jewel of the Seas Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?