Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by G8R62: Trip Report

Member Since 2009

Overall Member Rating

Trip Report

Sail Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Our good friend and house sitter transported us to the Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal 10 (parking fees are high) to board the Freedom of the Seas about 1:30 pm on Sunday 6/5/11. The Freedom of the Seas is the third largest passenger vessel in the world - much bigger than any aircraft carrier. Boarding was a breeze, had a snack, made sure we were assigned our choice of dining tables (for some reason, we are rarely assigned what we ask for - a table for two). Our Wait Staff, Michael & Hendri, and Steward Irvin were outstanding - super in all respects. For some reason there were many hundreds of children and teens aboard this cruise - school must have just let out for the year.

Our itinerary was the usual 7 day Eastern Caribbean route: Port Canaveral, Coco Cay, Sea Day, St Thomas, St Martin, Sea Day, Sea Day, Port Canaveral. We've been on this route many times, we rarely get off - I did get off in St Thomas for 20 or 30 minutes to buy a couple of shirts. Good days for naps More and hot tub visits.

As usual we spent almost all of our time in the casino. I had a complimentary entry into a high roller slot tourney - lots of fun. This cruise really set all records for us. It was the best, most fun we've had in 57 cruises. The casino staff was really outstanding, the dealers and especially our favorite host Andreea. I cannot say enough about Andreea; she is the hardest working, most likable and most impressive host in the Royal Caribbean fleet - we really love her.

The Freedom of the Seas has the best attitude crew we've seen - all very friendly, smiling and helpful. You would have been in hysterics laughing if you had been at the table when the Food & Beverage Director was dealing Three Card Poker - he dealt my wife a triplicate (pays 30X), followed by a straight flush (pays 40X) and then a straight (pays 6X). The F&B Director was in shock. This is a very good idea, having the senior officers deal for a half hour or so, everyone enjoys seeing these people up close and personal.

I played: Let It Ride (W), Three Card Poker (W), Blackjack (L), Craps (L), Video Poker (W), Three Reel Slots (W). My wife played; Let It Ride, Three Card Poker, Video Poker and Three Reel Slots. I believe we broke even for the seven days.

Another good friend picked up us about 8:00 am and delivered us home about 10 minutes later. Very nice to live so close to the Cruise Terminals. Less

Published 06/19/11

Helpful? Thank G8R62

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: D28588 Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Standard RCCL cabin, midway between Atriums, quiet location.

Read All Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (D2) Reviews >>
G8R62
Member Since 2009
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X