Westerdam Cruise Review by kcanas5: Alaska - Beautiful

Alaska - Beautiful

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Embarkation - Cruise started on June 4, 2011 from Seattle, Washinton for 7 days. This was the first time sailing out of Seattle, normally, we would sail out of Vancouver. The weather was perfect, no rain and clear blue skies, amazingly beautiful. Process to check in was fast since we were booked as deluxe verandah suite guests, there was no line in our section. The agent had asked if we wanted our picture taken (which there was a long line)we advised no, since this was our 4 cruise on HAL, we were allowed to by pass that line and were taken directly to walk right on the ship. Now that was excellent customer service. It was about 12:00pm and we were able to go directly to our cabin 7050. This was our 2nd time in that same cabin, as we were in this cabin in September 2010. This was awesome because we knew exactly where to go and knew the layout of the ship. Our cabin stewards, Ugih & Dody, were excellent, they remembered our names the entire time, knew to clean our rooms while we More were out of the room and turn down service was always right on when we got back into our room in the evenings. They were excellent!

Seattle, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria BC and Hubbard Glacier had no rain at these ports. Normally, at least 1 or 2 ports would be raining. This made each stop beautiful in its own right.

We met some great and wonderful HAL Westerdam employees who made this cruise trip absolutely the best cruise thus far. Pinnacle Grill - Elvira who was the maitre d and she absolutely made our dining experiences memorable. She provided excellent customer service which we were so impressed with her. The Pinnacle Grill staff were always available when we needed something for our dining experience. The cruise director - Shane Michaels who was funny and remembered our names as we crossed path occationally during the cruise. I can't forget our Neptune Lounge (reserved for penthouse and deluxe verandah suite guests)hostess, I had not even given her my room number yet and before I could introduce myself, she greeted me by my name, now that was impressive. Not one crew member was ever rude to us, everyone had smiles and greeted us sincerely. Thank you HAL as always, you guys are the best cruise line and especially making this cruise experience the most memorable ever! Less

Published 06/19/11

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Westerdam Review >>

Compare Prices on Westerdam Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: SA7050 Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

We were in a deluxe verandah suite, cabin 7050. The space was generous and had a king size bed and a sofa bed included in the cabin. Included both a seperate shower/tub and shower stall with a dual vanity sinks. Absolutely a comfortable suite.

Read All Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite (SA) Reviews >>
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X