Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by newBell11

Cabin Category: 6C
        13-15 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Wonderful Vacation for our family
We broke our long drive to Galveston into 2 days so we left Friday afternoon and headed to Austin where we would be picking up my daughter's friend who was joining us on the cruise. It was nice not to have to drive all the way through in one day. We got to Texas City on Saturday early in the evening and stayed at the Comfort Inn there. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice this property was and it was a 10 minute drive to the pier. I highly recommend staying in Texas City to save some money on the hotel bill if you come in a day early.

I woke up Sunday morning and checked the Galveston.com website and saw that the ship was arriving an hour early. WooHoo! We got ready and went downstairs for breakfast and had everyone ready to go by about 10:30AM. Everyone was dropped off at the pier by 10:45 and the guys parked the cars at Lighthouse Parking. We booked it online and got a covered space for 50.00 for the week and shuttle service to the pier. We all met up and got through the terminal and on the ship by 11:30! Not bad at all...

Of course we went straight up to the Lido deck for some grub. My hubby and I found the Mongolian Wok and were very pleased with it. Yumola with a kick! Everyone found something they liked and we all loved the ice cream after! After we ate, we wandered around a bit and got our soda cards... not so sure we all needed one. I think we could have gotten by with one per cabin easily. We all went and check out our rooms and everyone was happy. We had an ocean view in the mid-ship section. I highly recommend those rooms. Lots of room and we love the big window. We all had Your Time Dining so we met at 6:00 in the Renoir on the 3rd floor. Food was all good... steak a little over cooked. Friendly waitstaff but pretty slow. If we go again, we probably will not go to the main dining quite as much. Most nights the Lido had some of the same options as the dining room.

Days 2 and 3 - At Sea. Spent some time in the casino, laying out on the deck watching some of the contests and seeing some of the shows and such. Funny thing... we went to the marriage show and actually got picked to participate. It is all my new hubby's fault. He kept looking away from Paul (CD). Paul picked him because he looked so nervous! LOL It was lots of fun and the couple that had been married 60 years was hilarious! They knew each other very well... except for her bra size. Men just don't get bra sizes! We all got champagne for participating. We ate at the Steakhouse that night and it was really awesome. We had lost all of the teenagers to hanging out with other teenagers by then so 7 of us went. We got there at 7:00 and didn't leave until after 9:30. LOOONNNGGG time if you ask me. We are glad we went but probably wouldn't go again. We went and saw the comedy shows and they were fantastic. We loved Cowboy Bill and Munzie on the 2nd half of the voyage.

Port days- more to follow.

The final sailing day went by way too fast. We had so much fun. We played shuffleboard, went to see some games, went to a raffle and watch sale. Played some craps, went to to a end of cruise party. Wow that was fun. It was in the Degas and they had a band playing and served all the free drinks you wanted. So we were a bit tipsy when we went to dinner. The men (boys) were very entertaining. hahaha One thing that did get on my last nerve was that there were people running up and down the halls and being very loud ALL NIGHT! Hey, if you want to stay up all night on the last night, go for it but please go up on deck or somewhere where others are not trying to sleep. I didn't get much sleep at all and we had the 9 hour drive back home to do the next day.

Getting off the ship was no problem at all. We chose to do the self assist with our luggage. I wouldn't do it any other way. We needed to get off the boat as quickly as possible since we needed to get on the road. We were in our car and on the road by 8:30 in the morning.

We had a great experience and would do another cruise with carnival for sure. I am very interested in going on the Magic and taking the Bahamas or the Belize cruise.

Publication Date: 06/18/11