Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by ladylouisville: Barcelona-Mediterranean Cruise-7 Day

ladylouisville
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Barcelona-Mediterranean Cruise-7 Day

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Our embarkation was great. I was empress with the way Royal Carribean handle the check in. There were no lines and I don't know if thats because we got there around 12:00. Our cabin was ready so that was great. We had SOS, very nice view port side.

The first night in the dining room was ok and again I chalked it up to being the first night. But as the days went by the food was not very good. I hate to say this but the buffet was better!! Our waiter Vivian (guy)and Ray were great the food was just bland and not good!!

Gordon our cruise director was great!! Alot of activities on the ship.

Port of calls: Toulon, Villefranche, Nice, Livorno, Civitavecchia,&Naples

Day 2 First was Toulon, France. St. Tropez was awesome and the food was great!! Our tour guide Monique was awesome and she didn't rush you. plenty of time to shop. Excursion worth taking. We did the St. Tropez for $149.00 pp.

Day 3:French Riviera, Villefranche, Nice. We went to More Cannes, grasse and St. Paul and to a lovely Perfume factory. This was a very nice excursion, however very pricey and really not much to see in Cannes. Although it is a very nice city, we probably could have forgone this excursion. The other cities were nice but a whole day was alittle to much for the price. We probably would have done another excursion. The lunch left me very hungry. :)This excursion Best of the French Riviera was $164 pp. not worth it.

Day 4: Livorno, Italy, We did more bus ride than anything else and was very tired. We did the Explore Florence & Pisa on your own. Really was on your own. After the bus ride to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa and a couple of churches you were done. Maybe about an hour there and back to the bus. Then we headed to Florence. Very nice museum and alot of shopping that was well worth it. Italian leather very nice. I was able to get a Cromia purse and you can bargain to so don't for get to do that. Excursion cost $99.00 Lunch not included. I would have skip the Leaning Tower, but it was nice to see.

Day 5:Civitavechhia, Rome, Port was not very exciting. But our Tour Guide Maria was awesome!! We did the Imperial Rome $198pp. Well worth it!! Very nice excursion to much to say about this one, lunch was great tour guide was excellent. Wish we had more time in Roma!!! The only regret, our second tour guide Francisca didn't give us much time to shop!! I hate rushing to shop!!

Day 6: Naples, Italy WOW!! This was well worth the excursion!! Our tour guide was not very nice or friendly for that matter but we made the best out of it. This excursion was Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii $219pp. We had to take a boat ride to Capri than on to Sorrento and a bus ride to Pompeii. The boat ride was great alot of people got seasick so take a dramine before you ride. Other than that it was Wonderful!!! The Cameo shop was wonderful. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>