Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by remob4

Cabin Category: 4A
Cabin Number: V20
        3-6 2.0
        10-12 3.0

To take the kids or not......
Greetings,

My wife and I wanted to take the kids on the next cruise we went on. We have sailed together before and had a wonderful time on the Sensation. We thought maybe we could pass on the wonderful time to the kids this time!

We were hoping to be able to have the kids enjoy Camp while we enjoyed some peace time to ourselves. However, the kids decided they didn't want that. Our youngest son, was so timid to go into a new place and play with people he wasn't sure about cried hysterically every time we would take him to Camp. Thus making me feel like crap every time I had to have a Camp carnival person pry him out of his death grip around my neck, so I could go have fun else where (The Entire time feeling like I abandoned my child).

Our Older son of 9 wasn't very keen on the idea of dancing to music like Justin Biber every couple hours and hanging out with mostly girls in the camp. For some reason we checked the box that said he could check himself out of camp, so when he got board he would just leave. He did however like the Night owls party until 3am on Friday night (as did Ethan) letting Mom and I get one night of fun and hanging out with other couples.

Bottom line, I think a more land based vacation with more kid friendly things to do would have been better for the kids. We were not very good at balancing mom and dad time with kids and parents time enough for us to enjoy the cruise as well.

------------------------------

Things to Note about the Sensation cruise:

Cabin:

Verandah deck was awesome! No noise very peaceful, though our Steward was never around and didn't introduce herself. I had to keep calling for Ice. Interior rooms for 3/4 people way too small! I have to say, I have told my self before to get the Balcony room and I haven't but this time was the last straw. I will from now on get the Junior sweet or better when I cruise for more space.

Food:

Every meal was wonderful. The children really liked it as well. This was the first time I ever knew about ordering two entries with dinner, most of the time I don't like a side dish but I like the main meal. Our wait staff was amazing and the dancing they did after the meals was really fun!

Entertainment:

Every show was very good. The "R" rated comic was not as funny as the "family" comic, the "R" rated guys jokes just weren't that good.

Overall:

Great experience. We will travel with them many many more times. We honestly love the ease of a 3 day weekend cruise.

Publication Date: 06/18/11