MSC Poesia Cruise Review by travelqueenca1

MSC Poesia
MSC Poesia
Member Name: travelqueenca1
Cruise Date: June 2011
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Food Is Bad
I read all the negative reviews before we left and I was still shocked by the food. Nothing was good to me on that ship and I am not that picky. We ate out at every port because we never ate on the boat. And that's fine if you can afford to do that, but not everyone can. We used this cruise simply as a ride to the islands and that was successful. We are not ones to stay on the boat and we don't take cruises for the food. We like to island hop. If you have that mindset you will be ok because the ship is pretty and I really have no complaints there especially considering the price we paid (2 weeks, balcony room, $800 bucks!!!). Overall the cruise was maybe 3.5 stars, but the food is a 1.

I honestly would not recommend this cruise line to Americans only because Americans love good food and variety!!! And in all fairness, it is an Italian cruise line that caters to Europeans which they should. Maybe the Euros love the food, I don't know.

However, if you just love to get away for a week or two, you are a seasoned traveler, and you really have no expectations other than Island hoping, you can't top that deal!!!

Publication Date: 06/17/11