“Food Is Bad”

travelqueenca1
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I read all the negative reviews before we left and I was still shocked by the food. Nothing was good to me on that ship and I am not that picky. We ate out at every port because we never ate on the boat. And that's fine if you can afford to do that, but not everyone can. We used this cruise simply as a ride to the islands and that was successful. We are not ones to stay on the boat and we don't take cruises for the food. We like to island hop. If you have that mindset you will be ok because the ship is pretty and I really have no complaints there especially considering the price we paid (2 weeks, balcony room, $800 bucks!!!). Overall the cruise was maybe 3.5 stars, but the food is a 1.

I honestly would not recommend this cruise line to Americans only because Americans love good food and variety!!! And in all fairness, it is an Italian cruise line that caters to Europeans which they should. Maybe the Euros love the food, I don't know.

However, if you just love to get away for a week or two, you are a seasoned traveler, and you really have no expectations other than Island hoping, you can't top that deal!!!

MSC Poesia Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Port
As beautiful as Jamaica is, I don't want to go back. Right when you get off the boat 50 people will rush you asking if you want drugs. If you are looking for that, then that's your port! It's very sketchy there!

Published 06/17/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s MSC Poesia Review
MSC Poesia Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?