Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Wp: Great first cruise shame about the weather

Wp
0 Post

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Great first cruise shame about the weather

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

We arrived at the car park, left our cases with the attendant and walked onto the ship,it was as simple as that.... The ship is massive, very clean and beautiful inside. Our state room was fine, saying it was sleeping four Inc my 2 teenage children on Pullman beds the room was adequate and was fine for the two weeks. I have two 14 year olds and they loved all the facilities and the clubs. My son loved the flowrider and the hot tubs. Mydaughter loved the pools, they both made many friends and were really sad when it came time to leave...

The food was lovely in the wind jammer , but I did not like eating off plastic plates especially chipped ones! (one of my very few gripes!). Food and service in the main dining room was lovely. But I have to say the food and service in chopsgrill and portofino was excellent and worth every penny! Johnny Rockets was great value and great fun( make sure you've got a big appetite).Loved the casino, but was disappointed by a lot of the evening More entertainment very similar to local club venues! Having said that Claire maiden,Jane curry and the hypnotist where brilliant, would have preferred the showtime to be alittle longer than 45 mins.Didn't manage to get tickets for any of the ice shows so can't comment on those. Did our own thing in the ports, weather very dissapointing so didn't get off at every port. The oil refinery explosion in Gibralter was very scary, would not like to go through that again, but the crew handled it very well, and we set sail ASAP. Most of the staff where excellent. I would certainly travel with royal carribean again.. Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Independence of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 2292

Great shops Atmosphere and architecture.

Great for mixing with top socialites and enjoying lives little luxuries

Read 176 Cannes Reviews

Did not find it very interesting

Just had snack and drink at Marina, 2 min walk from the ship, lovely

Read 281 Lisbon Reviews

We visited beautiful beach cala mayor 10min taxi ride

(4)
Great for fresh sardines and oysters washed down with ice cold beer, 5 minwalk from ship

Read 202 Vigo Reviews