Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Wp

Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        13-15 4.0

Great first cruise shame about the weather
We arrived at the car park, left our cases with the attendant and walked onto the ship,it was as simple as that.... The ship is massive, very clean and beautiful inside. Our state room was fine, saying it was sleeping four Inc my 2 teenage children on Pullman beds the room was adequate and was fine for the two weeks. I have two 14 year olds and they loved all the facilities and the clubs. My son loved the flowrider and the hot tubs. Mydaughter loved the pools, they both made many friends and were really sad when it came time to leave...

The food was lovely in the wind jammer , but I did not like eating off plastic plates especially chipped ones! (one of my very few gripes!). Food and service in the main dining room was lovely. But I have to say the food and service in chopsgrill and portofino was excellent and worth every penny! Johnny Rockets was great value and great fun( make sure you've got a big appetite).Loved the casino, but was disappointed by a lot of the evening entertainment very similar to local club venues! Having said that Claire maiden,Jane curry and the hypnotist where brilliant, would have preferred the showtime to be alittle longer than 45 mins.Didn't manage to get tickets for any of the ice shows so can't comment on those. Did our own thing in the ports, weather very dissapointing so didn't get off at every port. The oil refinery explosion in Gibralter was very scary, would not like to go through that again, but the crew handled it very well, and we set sail ASAP. Most of the staff where excellent. I would certainly travel with royal carribean again..

More Independence of the Seas Reviews