First cruise - probably the best choice!: Balmoral Cruise Review by Adrian Stallworthy
Overall Member Rating
First cruise - probably the best choice!
Destination: Baltic Sea
- Excellent Food (especially the non-dessert courses)
- Excellent service and the crew are always smiling and greeting you
- Very calm and friendly Norwegian captain
- Very competitive drink prices
- Very few added extra costs
- Our cabin was great for the price (cheapest outside cabin)
- Our Cruise suited age ranges 50+
- Friendly family-like atmosphere
- No class distinction (i.e. no restricted public areas - which we liked)
- Stress free disembarkation at ports
- The cabin account system can get in a muddle if you are sharing a cabin with somebody with another account
- The entertainment team work hard each evening
- The conformity of the evening dress codes might not suit everybody More (formal, themed, causal, smart casual, non-formal) - in my case I have spent a lot of time traveling the USA so it took some getting used to
- The Neptune Lounge is a bit small and not very well designed for the number of passengers Less
Port and Shore Excursions
Not the best cruise we've expe...
Disappointing Chrismas Get Awa...
Were we really on the same shi...
We are just back...
Cruise Director Paraded in his...