Balmoral Cruise Review by Adrian Stallworthy: First cruise - probably the best choice!
First cruise - probably the best choice!
This was my first cruise (but not for my fellow holiday makers). We cruised on Fred Olsens Balmoral to the Norwegian Fjords. Overall experience was excellent. Here is my summary: -
- Excellent Food (especially the non-dessert courses)
- Excellent service and the crew are always smiling and greeting you
- Very calm and friendly Norwegian captain
- Very competitive drink prices
- Very few added extra costs
- Our cabin was great for the price (cheapest outside cabin)
- Our Cruise suited age ranges 50+
- Friendly family-like atmosphere
- No class distinction (i.e. no restricted public areas - which we liked)
- Stress free disembarkation at ports
- The cabin account system can get in a muddle if you are sharing a cabin with somebody with another account
- The entertainment team work hard each evening
- The conformity of the evening dress codes might not suit everybody More (formal, themed, causal, smart casual, non-formal) - in my case I have spent a lot of time traveling the USA so it took some getting used to
- The Neptune Lounge is a bit small and not very well designed for the number of passengers Less
Read more Balmoral cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Balmoral Review >>
Cabin review: Balmoral Outside Cabin Marina Deck
Port and Shore Excursions
Unexpectedly nice ship!
Relaxing Voyage on a Beautiful...
Viking Bragi Rhine Christmas C...
Christmas and New Year cruise
Good cruise, but no more Fred ...