First cruise - probably the best choice!: Balmoral Cruise Review by Adrian Stallworthy
Overall Member Rating
First cruise - probably the best choice!
Destination: Baltic Sea
- Excellent Food (especially the non-dessert courses)
- Excellent service and the crew are always smiling and greeting you
- Very calm and friendly Norwegian captain
- Very competitive drink prices
- Very few added extra costs
- Our cabin was great for the price (cheapest outside cabin)
- Our Cruise suited age ranges 50+
- Friendly family-like atmosphere
- No class distinction (i.e. no restricted public areas - which we liked)
- Stress free disembarkation at ports
- The cabin account system can get in a muddle if you are sharing a cabin with somebody with another account
- The entertainment team work hard each evening
- The conformity of the evening dress codes might not suit everybody More (formal, themed, causal, smart casual, non-formal) - in my case I have spent a lot of time traveling the USA so it took some getting used to
- The Neptune Lounge is a bit small and not very well designed for the number of passengers Less
Port and Shore Excursions
Not the best cruise we've expe...
Disappointing Chrismas Get Awa...