Pride of America Cruise Review by cwf1650

Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: OA
Value-for-Money 5+

Pride of America was great
We just returned from the May 28 sailing and were very pleased. My wife and I were last in Hawaii in 1973 and decided to return for our 40th anniversary. We were not looking for a party ship, but simply a way to visit the islands with enough on board entertainment to give us something to do when we weren't ashore. Neither my wife or I or very mobile and NCL's website allowed us to pick shore excursions based on level of activity. We booked all of ours ahead of time and avoided the rush at the on board shore excursion counter.

My biggest concern was eating because I have Celiac disease I have to follow a strict gluten free diet. Within days of booking the cruise NCL sent me a survey asking what specific foods I wanted. When we boarded there were letters from the chef & staff with their on board numbers if I needed anything. Along with the letters they gave me an advance luau menu with gluten free options notated. I didn't have any food issues at all. Each restaurant either had a gluten free menu or the chef reviewed what I wanted. The food was excellent & the staff polite and attentive.

If you're looking for a "good time party ship", look elsewhere. If you're looking for the easiest way to see a lot of Hawaii in a week, I have no problems recommending this cruise. I read some negative reviews about cleanliness and staff indifference, but I did not experience any of that.

Publication Date: 06/17/11