Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by InsuranceMan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by InsuranceMan
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: InsuranceMan
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: JS

Crusing from NY
My company had an Incentive Contest, winners were awarded this cruise (25 of us). Left from the NYC area and my first observation was that the caster's of "Jersey Shores" was holding tryouts. Never saw so many tatoos and most were on the women. Enough about the throngs of passengers, that's a negative. First impressions were startling.

With a ship that big, we boarded in less time than it takes my to get on my buddy's sail boat. We got on about 1:30 PM and went right to our assigned cabin. Blew us (my wife & I) away. Cheery, bright and "HUGE", huge is relative of course but it was very generous. Keep in mind that we have cruised all over the world, this cabin was nice!

We had reserved one of the lounges for a "welcome meeting" evidently the crew never got the memo. Service was poor, even though we all had paid $45/day for a "Bar Stock" sticker, which was supposed to allow all of the bar service that we wanted. At least, that was our interpretation of the deal. Seemed that every bar on the ship had different thoughts. My advice is don't buy the bar ticket, its better to pay as you go.

Food was pretty good but a long way from cruises of yesteryear. Very limited menu, cheap cuts of meat (for the most part) and the two servers handling our three tables could not get in a rhythm, cold food was the prevailing method of service.

Shows were good, on a scale of 1-10 I'd have to give the trip a 7, pretty good overall. We have a cruise out of Barcelona (with this line) scheduled for Oct 2011, so stay tuned.

Publication Date: 06/16/11