Explorer of the Seas 3

Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

InsuranceMan
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

My company had an Incentive Contest, winners were awarded this cruise (25 of us). Left from the NYC area and my first observation was that the caster's of "Jersey Shores" was holding tryouts. Never saw so many tatoos and most were on the women. Enough about the throngs of passengers, that's a negative. First impressions were startling.

With a ship that big, we boarded in less time than it takes my to get on my buddy's sail boat. We got on about 1:30 PM and went right to our assigned cabin. Blew us (my wife & I) away. Cheery, bright and "HUGE", huge is relative of course but it was very generous. Keep in mind that we have cruised all over the world, this cabin was nice!

We had reserved one of the lounges for a "welcome meeting" evidently the crew never got the memo. Service was poor, even though we all had paid $45/day for a "Bar Stock" sticker, which was supposed to allow all of the bar service that we wanted. At least, that was our interpretation of the deal. More Seemed that every bar on the ship had different thoughts. My advice is don't buy the bar ticket, its better to pay as you go.

Food was pretty good but a long way from cruises of yesteryear. Very limited menu, cheap cuts of meat (for the most part) and the two servers handling our three tables could not get in a rhythm, cold food was the prevailing method of service.

Shows were good, on a scale of 1-10 I'd have to give the trip a 7, pretty good overall. We have a cruise out of Barcelona (with this line) scheduled for Oct 2011, so stay tuned. Less

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Junior Suite

JS
We had a JS, very nice and clean. Wonderful size room

Bermuda isn't what it used to be. Sorry to say but would'nt go back.
Read 155 Hamilton Reviews

Published 06/16/11

Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?