Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Margaret Carruthers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Margaret Carruthers
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: Margaret Carruthers
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: A2
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

QM2 Transatlantic
Having read a few reviews re trip from Southampton to NY on 10th May I feel I must reply.

My husband and I were on the this trip and also the returning trip from NY to Southampton and both ways I could not fault anything I experienced on the ship. Every member of staff from the moment we entered in Southampton to our leaving 14 nights later were always smiling never passed you without a word of recognition.

Re dining experience, on the trip from Southampton to NY were were seating on the lower level of the Britannia Restaurant with another two couples and had a wonderful time, out waiters were exception and were always happy to oblige with any requests we had even providing dishes which were not on the menu for one of our table guests.

On our return journey on the first night we had no table companions, we did not complain about this at all but the maitre d' came to us at the end of our meal to apologise and advise he would try to get us moved, we said we did not mind and not to worry about it. The next morning I received a call to say he would like to move us to another table which was the chief medical officer's table and that night we were shown to a lovely table and had another two lovely couples sit with us who also had no dining companions on the first night. We were joined on the formal evenings by either the doctor or the senior nurse who were exceptional pleasant and very friendly. Our waiters at this table were again exceptional and extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. Perhaps the staff respond well to a smile and a friendly approach from passengers. On the subject of staff, I went to the pub one day after playing shuffleboard on a cold windy day and saw hot chocolate on the menu, I asked for this and was told it was not served in the pub but was available in Sir Samuel's bar. I said I did not want anything else and would just wait for my husband. A few minutes later the waiter appeared with my hot chocolate which he had gone to Sir Samuels to get this for me. I did not ask him to do this and I was surprised but very happy with this level of service.

Everyone, is well aware of the dress code before embarking on a Transatlantic trip on QM2 and if they do not wish to have this experience perhaps should not take this particular ship.

The only downside to my trip was the tables of rubbish for sale in the main hallways during the day but I just ignored this and spend my time elsewhere.

Perhaps I am easy to please, I don't think I am, I always treat everyone the same and in reply I always get a smile and excellent service.

I will be back on board.

Publication Date: 06/16/11