Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by bepositive: Excellent cruising experience!

bepositive
Member Since 2011
1 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Excellent cruising experience!

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

I was so impressed with everything about this cruise. Having only been on 1 other cruise, I don't have much with which to compare. It was so much better than my previous cruise experience, which was good. The things that impressed me most were the delicious food, excellent service and variety of activities.

Every dish was impressive, with the exception of one (a Cobb salad that was quite sparse). Whether dining at the buffet, main dining room or the specialty restaurant, you can be sure to get a delicious meal. The menus were marked with the chef's top choices, as well as heart healthy, no sugar added and vegetarian options. The waiters would share their personal favorites, too. The quality of the food was so amazing, especially when considering that they prepare over 9,000 meals per day!! We dined with people who had special dietary needs (gluten-free & no sugar added)and the staff went out of their way to cater to those needs.

The service was better than More expected. From the room stewards to the servers and guest relations, all were happy to greet you and offer assistance. They really know how to spoil their guests.

The activities were so much fun. My hubby and I love to dance and there were so many opportunities to dance and learn new dances. They even offered activities with the officers. They had an officers versus guests pool volleyball game and Dancing with the Stripes competition. JP (food & beverage manager) and I won the dancing competition. After that, I felt like a celebrity, since I was recognized by the staff and other cruisers thru the end of the cruise. It made the experience extra special!!

The entertainment was top notch! I was amazed with the variety they offered there, too! You can usually expect a comedian and some type of Broadway show, but they had an amazing violinist and a couple who did so many amazing things. The female stood on her partner's hat en pointe (ballet toe shoes). That is just one example of their amazing feats.

I definitely recommend this cruise line. I would suggest that you get plenty of rest prior to setting sail. The activities run late into the evening and you'll want to be able to enjoy them all!! Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit Inside Stateroom Sky Deck (9)