Norwegian Star Cruise Review by linnealee

Member Name: linnealee
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

A week of fun
Left on April 16th from San Pedro, this was the second to last Star cruise leaving from L.A., so finally got to sail on her and was my first viist to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. Stayed overnight at the Sunrise Hotel the night before and the bed was so hard, wouldn't recommend this place.

The next day, took the hotel shuttle to the port and it was quite warm for San Pedro, I was surprised. I believe this was the earliest I have ever boarded a ship, we didn't have to wait in line at all. Lady next to us while checking in was going nuts as she hadn't brought some form for her son as she was divorced. Not sure if she made it on board or not.

First day in Cabo we did the Todos Los Santos tour. Had lunch at Hotel California and it was really good. Our guide Daniel was great, we are now facebook friends. Came back to Cabo the next day and we walked around and bought stuff. Went online in a liquor store which it felt good to get out of the shade as it was quite warm with no breeze. Bumped into Daniel again that day which was cool.

Puerto Vallarta did a tour Jeep 4x4 through Puerto Vallarta Adventures. Our guide was awesome! Thoroughly enjoyed the day and this was the earliest day I had to wake up, but wasn't even tired till I got back on board. We drank, took a little hike, stopped at a surfing beach town, etc. Best tour ever went on!

Latitudes party for Platinum and gold members was where we met the captain Gunnar. Found out he had been our captain on the Spirit in August 2005. Jamie the cruise director loved talking and talking. Her announcements went on and on, which was annoying to me.

Didn't go to any of the shows, but walked by during the 60s night and the singing sounded awful and out of key. Guess it's not Broadway for a reason.

Overall, it was a great cruise. Enjoyed being on the 8th deck in a balcony so I could go to the Blue Lagoon a lot. Didn't hit any of the specialty restaurants due to my acid reflux. But there were too many kids, 800!!! Such a shame NCL has pulled out of L.A. Only have Carnival, Princess, and Disney left.

Publication Date: 06/16/11