“It was all about the ship”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

cresiak Oasis of the Seas 5 It was all about the ship
cresiak
Member Since 2010
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I are in our early 50's and have been on about 11 cruises, mostly RC. We took this cruise for one reason, to see the ship, and we were not disappointed. We had an outside JS on deck 7 between Central Park and the Boardwalk decks right in the center of the ship. One flight up or down and you can find the majority of your fun without using the elevators. Though there were about 2000 kids on the ship along with all their parents, the only time it was really crowded was during the parades and when the water shows were in progress, if you were on those decks.

This is a truly amazing ship, we never went to the MDR or any of the high-end restaurants. We did go to Johnny Rockets and the Seafood Shack which were both excellent. There were so many places to find food we never felt that we needed to get into all the "normal" cruise experiences for dining.

The shows were excellent, especially the ice show and the diving show. Don't miss these, the performers are all National champions (in their country) or Olympic participants who were not quite good enough to medal but still absolutely fantastic. I think it is fantastic that people with this kind of talent can make a living doing what they are among the best in the world at despite the fact that they didn't "quite" beat the competition. Oh, a few professionals will also be in the mix.

I absolutely loved the flow-rider. I signed up for the $60 training session where about six of us got an hour with private trainers and no lines. I went during the stop at Nassau when everyone was off the ship. We had been to Nassau, St. Maarten and St. Thomas about 4 time already, so we didn't really care that much. We still had plenty of time to get off the ship and shop. We didn't do any excursions at any of the stops.

The staff was excellent, the cruise director was the best we have ever encountered. The ship was so large that we never felt any movement, it was like being at a resort hotel on land surrounded by water at a different country nearly every night. There really is too much to say about how fantastic this ship is, so I'll stop trying.

Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Oasis of the Seas Review
Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?