MSC Opera 1

“Luxurt holiday turned into nightmare”
Cruise review of MSC Opera

Kenneth Richford

Overall Member Rating

Left Southampton 7th May 2011 for Baltic cruise, we did not have life boat drill until we had docked in Amsterdam,24hrs later, a bit like the titanic thinking,we could not have any trouble. We booked the cruise on an advert for over 55's so what cabin did they give us, over a night club, that every night was going until 1.am in the morning, and it was noisy.

Trouble really started on the Saturday morning with the small explosion, we had no running water, flushing toilet,no emergency lighting in the cabins,no hot food or drinks,in fact my Sunday Dinner was 2 oranges packet of dried biscuits 3 slices of cheese and ham, and 1 pot of yogurt and 1 bottle of water(I have taken a photo of this).We also missed out onour trip to Denmark.

The disembarkation of the the ship was chaotic, they had people booked on flights leaving Sweden at 6.30pm on the same buses as those booked to leave at 11.30pm, as a consequences all flights were well and truly delayed. As to date 7th June More we have not heard a word from MSC except that they have deducted from our bank account the amount they have calculated we spent on board, although we have not received a statement of our spending, even though I requested one on their web site.

Would not recomend this cruise company to anyone, we will not use them again, in fact I do not think we will cruise again.

Kenneth RIchford Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

28028
shower rather small,My Husband found the shower curtain clung to him.. NO EMERGENCY LIGHTING IN THE CABIN NOT EASY TO USE THE BATHROOM OR PACK OUR BAGS WHEN ALL THE LIGHT ON THE SHIP WENT OUT cabin No. 8028 above night club, opened until the early hours of the morning, noisy. Pubic address system could not be heard in cabins when the doors were shut

Published 06/15/11

Read Cruise Critic's MSC Opera Review

MSC Opera Cruises to the Baltic Sea

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?