Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by nphbear: Navigator of the Seas NO thanks

Navigator of the Seas NO thanks

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

Having just returned for the Mediterranean cruise (29th May - 05 June Rome to Rome) on the Navigator of the sea, I have to say that I was not impressed, nor will I be in a rush to do another cruise on Royal Caribbean International on the Navigator of the seas.

This was my 4th cruise and although the other cruises where all on Celebrity ships, I thought that as part of the same company you would receive similar service on Royal Caribbean. Boy was I wrong.

From the moment we stepped aboard we found that staff was rude and not very helpful, especially staff at the Customer Services and at most of the Bars. Buying the soda package at $6.00 a day is well worth it but having to deal with bar staff that resent you for ordering a soda almost makes it not worth the effort.

We mostly had dinner in the main dining room and although our Head Waiter and his assistant were great the same could not be said for the food. The menu was limited, the food was bland and tasteless. More It seems that the only way to get a decent meal was to go to the speciality restaurants and pay for it. This kind of defeats the whole purpose of having an all inclusive cruise.

The Jade and Windjammer was no better they had lots of food but a very small selection. The biggest problem here was that we could never find a seat and would have to walk around for up to 15min to find a seat. Used plates where left on the table and not collected often.

Although the ship is beautiful, it has started to show its age and small things like the brackets on the wardrobe that is broken or the rusted bin in the vanity slap in the washroom are all tell tale signs. Cabins and bedding looked worn and faded, and constantly having cleaning equipment, bags of rubbish and vacuum cleaners in the passages did not make a very good impression.

The pool area was great but the spa's could do with a good clean, simply putting chlorine in and replacing the water does not mean does not mean the spa is clean. I found the ring of dirt around the rim of the spa disgusting and yet another sign of neglect. Also having to sign out pool towels in the morning and afternoon is just an absolute waste of time.

All the negative comments aside, we did make some great new friends and we saw some interesting places. Cruising is still the best way to see Europe, just make sure that you choose the right company to sail with. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6 8451

The cabin feels and looks small and dated. The coffee table, although a nice touch is always in the way and should be removed. The cabin does have enough packing space but you can not open the wardrobe or access the wardrobe if you have the bathroom door open. I would not recommend this cabin for more than 2 people even though it does have a foldaway couch bed as well.