Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Cavalcanti: One time cruise ship ...

Cavalcanti
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

One time cruise ship ...

Sail Date: May 2011

We celebrated the birthday of my 9yo nephew on board. Paid in advance for room decoration who wasn't delivered until I stopped by Guest Services and complained about.

The birthday cake to be delivered at the main dinning room had my name on it, instead of my nephew, another stop at Guests Services.

We dine every night at the main dining room, the food was great, but was noticeable how slow the service was, taking more then normal time to serve between courses. Our waiter and assistant waiter did their best, I'm sure, but the volume of food served at the same time and the size of the restaurant made us waiting.

Lines and more lines, they are everywhere you go, packed restaurants and crowded swimming pools. Embarking back, in the ship, from shore, is a pain.

Here goes a Tip: If you are planning to watch Chicago, you better arrive at the Theater one hour in advance, or like us, you will be seated at the last row. There is no control, a lot of people More just showed up and got in to the Theater, and at the time we got there, it was already full.

My favorite place was the Boardwalk, we had a lot of fun there. The Central Park Cafe is a great and sometimes quiet place for breakfast. Loved chasing Dreamworks characters around the ship for pictures.

I'm 48yo Family oriented person, and this was my 5th cruise.

For me, the concept of mega-ships simply didn't work,

believe me, you will be happier in a smaller ship, specially if it will be your first cruise.

Good Luck ! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 8548

Great Balcony. Cabin is a bit tight, good for 2. Bathroom is good in size, and shower is very good.