Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Spnfly7

Entertainment 5+
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 1.0
Rates 5+

First Cruise - Awesome!!!
We are a family of four, first time cruisers, the wife and I and two daughters (18-15) arrived into Miami Airport the am of the cruise at 1020 from ATL, no delays no problems. I decided to take a cab and paid the $24 to get to the port rather than book a transfer, a whole lot cheaper, also. We were afraid of waiting at the port since we arrived so early but it went really easy and quick. We arrived and were onboard the ship when they opened the boarding gate at 1130 am. Quick easy process with the online checkin and port pass.

Listening to all the earlier reviews we ate at the Windjammer and had our packpacks with bathing suites and chilled at the pool after touring the ship from bow to stern and up and down.

Our rooms were ready by 1:00pm and we had our checked bags show about 2:30pm.

Stateroom: We had two rooms with oceanview on the 4th deck/floor that were small but had everything we needed. Clean showers and plenty of closet space for the wife and I. We brought the recommended power strip for multiple camera's, cell phones, and ipods as there is only one outlet in the room. We had the beds together to make a queen in our room and the girls kept them seperate. We also brought along a shoe rack to hang on the bathroom door for extra items.

Ship Info: Older ship but was very clean and staff was friendly. Agree with all the other reviews but didn;t have any other ship to compare it to. The wife thought it was plenty big but I was looking for something bigger so I may go with the Allure or Oasis.

Dining: Excellent food in both the main dining room and at the buffet the "Windjammer". PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN SHOULD HAVE THEIR HEAD EXAMINED. Disclaimer: I am in the military and have been deployed overseas several times and the onboard food was way better than some of the stuff I have eaten in the past.

Entertainment: On board activities were plentiful and the shows were entertaining and great fun. The Comedian and the magician shows were great.

Service: Not one complaint about the service or staff, especially dining staff was great.

Port & Shore Excursions: We did not book any shore excursions through the ship but rather online through tripadvisor's #1 activity in Nassau a Segway tour that was fun and well worth the price, the girls loved it. Other than that WE LOVE COCCOCAY and was in relax mode the whole time, in Key West we walked around and ended up rented bicycles for the day and visiting all the sites and museums.

Disembarkation: We had a 8:45am debarkation and was off the ship and at the airport all by 9:45am. That's right we were able to get off the ship reclaim our bags, go through customs, get a cab and at the ticket counter all in one hour. I originally had a 1:30pm flight I moved up to an earlier one.

Summary: GREAT first cruise would recommend it to anyone but now I'm excited about the next one on a bigger ship and the wife and kids have pasted the "we get seasick" test by NOT getting seasick.

Publication Date: 06/15/11