Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by St 4711

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

AMAZING CRUISE!!!
The Allure of the Seas is an amazing ship and it was even larger than I expected though I never really felt like it was too crowded. We were almost always on the sports deck and it was nice. I like the two flowriders a lot better than just the one because there's more stand up surfing and boogie boarding instead of them having to alternate. The zip line was really cool too. My daughter though she is 14 loved the boardwalk and the carousel that they have on board amused even her and her friends that she made on the cruise. The sports staff is extremely friendly and they are very open. They make the experience even more fun and enjoyable. The pools and hot tubs are all nice though I feel they closed the hot tubs too early and left too few open at night. I would understand if they closed them around midnight but only 2 or 3 are open around 10 o' clock. I like how they have the Wipe out Cafe right by the sports deck instead of just having the Windjammer. Of course they served only fast food but it was still good to have one or two days for lunch. The movies that they play on board in the Amber theater are also very enjoyable if you just want to relax inside for an hour or two.

Our first port was Labadee, Haiti and it was beautiful there. The water was crystal blue and for most of the day the weather there was pretty nice. My daughter really enjoyed the roller coaster ride they had there but the wait in line was really long. At our next port, Falmouth Jamaica, we decided to take a snorkeling tour like we do every cruise but this was one that we hadn't taken yet. We booked the Dreamer Catamaran Sail & Lagoon Snorkel and it was terrible. I highly recommend you not book it. There were almost no fish or sea creatures there, just a bunch of coral. The ride was an hour to the reef in the bot and an hour and a half back because they stopped to tell us all about the mango. The bus ride to the beach was another 45 minutes and then another 45 minutes back. It was very little fun at all. The most fun I had on the entire excursion was jumping from the boat into the water.

Our last port was Cozumel, Mexico and we went to Paradise Beach which in my opinion is the best beach. Its beautiful and there are a lot of water activities like slides, trampolines, and just a lot of stuff for kids and teenagers to have fun doing.

Overall my cruise was great and I would definitely do it again any time.

Publication Date: 06/15/11