Saga Ruby Cruise Review by Bass&Flinders

Cruise Date: April 2009
Embarkation: Dover
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: OE
See More About: Saga Ruby Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Saga Holidays Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Saga Ruby Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Saga Ruby Deck Plans
Enjoyable cruising.
On my first cruise with Saga in April 2009, I was stunned whilst checking in at Southampton, to find more walking sticks, walking frames and wheelchairs that I had ever seen before in one place and my first thought was 'what the hell have I let myself in for.?

Any qualms that I had were quickly dispelled in the next 4 weeks by the overall friendliness of all on board.

The inside cabin was function-able,roomy and comfortable for only 1 person and it even had a bath in it.

Over the course of the next 4 weeks I became acquainted with a lot of the passengers and the crew and enjoyed it so much that I booked another cruise on my return to Tassie for the following year.

I found the meals very enjoyable and especially the early morning tea and coffee in the Lido. I could not fault the meals at all and the waiters and waitresses knew their work extremely well. They were all extremely friendly and patient explaining to this yokel what was what.

The entertainers were also very good and varied, as were the lecturers and excursions staff. The excursions were well done and I only wish that more of the passengers took notice of the advice that was given for each tour, rather than complain during or after the tour. The information given about each tour and port of call was excellent covering a diverse amount of information.

The library had a very good selection of books and was also a pleasant place to park ones rear end. Then again I didn't have a problem with any of the public areas at all.

Publication Date: 06/14/11