Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Abbiet33

Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BB
Cabin Number: c753
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

WOW!!!
First cruise along with brother, sister and her husband. My sister had a suite next door to my balcony cabin both aft facing. We were able to open the door between balconies to make one large expanse. Although there was a bit of a wag (side to side movement) in the back we really enjoyed the aft view and the sight and sound of the wake. I had damaged my feet and needed to use a wheelchair which put a bit of a damper on things. Getting through the hallways was a trial due to the carts in the hallway where I had to get up and walk around the carts with the wheelchair folded up and then sit back down until we came to the next cart blocking the way. Because we were all the way in the back of the ship we often went to the aft elevators, went down to Promenade deck to continue on to the main elevators to get to the lower levels... all this because getting through the hallways was such a pain.

Although we did not go to any of the shows we enjoyed the dining rooms often and the ports were great. They had people at the gangways to assist in getting the wheelchair up and down the steep ramps at each port. I was really glad I had the chair assistance because the lines were long and there would have been a lot of walking and standing in line so if you have difficulty with that make sure you swallow your pride and ask for wheelchair assistance for getting on and off the ship.

Publication Date: 06/13/11