“WOW!!!”
Cruise review of Sapphire Princess

Abbiet33 Sapphire Princess 5 WOW!!!
Abbiet33
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
First cruise along with brother, sister and her husband. My sister had a suite next door to my balcony cabin both aft facing. We were able to open the door between balconies to make one large expanse. Although there was a bit of a wag (side to side movement) in the back we really enjoyed the aft view and the sight and sound of the wake. I had damaged my feet and needed to use a wheelchair which put a bit of a damper on things. Getting through the hallways was a trial due to the carts in the hallway where I had to get up and walk around the carts with the wheelchair folded up and then sit back down until we came to the next cart blocking the way. Because we were all the way in the back of the ship we often went to the aft elevators, went down to Promenade deck to continue on to the main elevators to get to the lower levels... all this because getting through the hallways was such a pain.

Although we did not go to any of the shows we enjoyed the dining rooms often and the ports were great. They had people at the gangways to assist in getting the wheelchair up and down the steep ramps at each port. I was really glad I had the chair assistance because the lines were long and there would have been a lot of walking and standing in line so if you have difficulty with that make sure you swallow your pride and ask for wheelchair assistance for getting on and off the ship.

Sapphire Princess Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BBc753
Great cabin. Very firm bed. Tiny but adequate bathroom, lots of closet and storage room. Space under the bed for luggage. Amazing rounded corner balcony with two chairs and two loungers with small table. Great aft views and soothing sound of the wake when the ship is moving. Very quiet hallway but a long way to the elevators and dining rooms. Would suggest you use formal dining in the main dining room unless you enjoy lots of walking :) Right next to emergency stairway.

Port
Enjoyed looking through the Alaska State Museum in Juneau and a bus trip out to the glacier. Shuttle from the port to downtown was $3.00 and bus to the glacier was $13.00. Museum entrance was $5.00. Wear your walking shoes!
Read 1,108 Juneau Reviews
Port
Very pretty little town with lots of great art in the shops. Ketchikan Candies had great chocolates and there was a shuttle to the Creek Street area and back to the ship.
Read 1,242 Ketchikan Reviews
Port
Took the one way train trip to Frazer which was just the coolest excursion we took. We had Dyea Dave's van meet us at Frazer and continue driving north into the Yukon Territory all the way to Emerald Lake with a stop for lunch at a little place nearby. Emerald Lake is varying colors of green... very pretty. We saw several bears, lots of waterfalls, and tons of snow covered mountains. Upon returning to Skagway the van took us up to an overlook where we could see the ships in the harbor and the town of Skagway nestled between the hills. Great excursion, beautiful scenery!
Read 831 Skagway Reviews
Port
I did not get off in Victoria because I had already been there but my sister did a walk around and took lots of great pictures. Beautiful gardens and buildings.
Read 771 Victoria Reviews
Published 06/13/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Sapphire Princess Review
Sapphire Princess Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?