“Good Cruise -- Great Ports”
Cruise review of Norwegian Jade

Last Mango Norwegian Jade 3 Good Cruise -- Great Ports
Last Mango
Member Since 2005
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
In May, I did the Greek Isles cruise with 9 other women. It was my second cruise with NCL but the first for everyone else.

We used water taxis to get to the port and were very pleased with how easy embarkation. Once we got off our taxi, we only had to move our luggage about 50 feet before we were able to leave it for NCL to handle.

I was in an ocean view cabin on deck 5 but most of our group were in balconies. The rooms were all a nice size. The ocean view had considerably more storage space then the balcony rooms. Closets were a nice size. Bath was an okay size. Atleast the shower was large enough I could shave my legs. The room stewards were very good but I only saw them a couple times during the whole week

As we were leaving Venice, the views of Venice are great. The cruise director did a great job on a running commentary.

The public areas of Norwegian Jade are very "Hawaiian". Didn't seem to quite fit with being in the Med.

The two main restaurants (The Grand Pacific and the Alazar) both serve the same menu. The Alazar is very, very noisy. Service in both needs a lot of improvement. I liked the food but the servings were small. The wait staff had a hard time getting all the food to the table at the same time. Getting a table for 10 was only possible through reservation which was difficult to get. The last night was the only night we succeeded -- we had a reservation but still had to stand our ground with the person seating us in order to get the table. One night one of the women was served turkey that wasn't cooked. It was obvious to everyone at our table that it wasn't cooked but it made it out of the kitchen and past our wait staff.

The Blue Lagoon serves "comfort food". It was never really busy. A nice quiet spot for lunch. It's open 24 hours.

The buffet is very good. Likely the best buffet I've had on a cruise ship. The only one that was disappointed was the chocolate buffet -- I thought the chocolate was not the best quality.

I have to admit that I didn't go to any of the shows. Nothing caught my interest.

I couldn't believe the NCL was charging $55 for a tour of the galley, bridge observation and backstage area. I don't know if they got a lot of takers but there was no way I was paying that. Galley and bridge tours have been free on other cruises.

Disembarkation was very easy and well organized.

We cruised this time for the ports not the ship. Overall, I'd say the ship was fine but nothing special. Ports of Santorini and Mykonos were great!

Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jade Review
Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?